Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:04:38 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Halloween and Doubles  (Read 17907 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2016, 01:02:36 am »

Hello EZ Players!

Halloween is coming up here soon and it is a memorable time of year for EZ players.

Halloween will be enabled starting October 26th (Wednesday) through the 1st of November, it will be the original 2014 event. Double Loot and and Double Credits also active during this time, after Halloween - donations will be completely closed off until closer to the end of the year.

There will most likely be an influx of players. Please make this time of year a warm celebration and remembrance of Hunter.

Also please have Hunter's wife, Isa in your prayers (if you will) as she has a type 5 typhoon hitting the Phillipines very soon

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:26:29 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:43:06 pm »

It's sp spooooky!  Shocked Favorite time of the year...I use to take a week off every year for it....now that I drive trucks not gonna be possible but still good times!  Grin

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Noot

EZServerHowTo Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 07:52:17 pm »

I was waiting for this post!  I have a bunch of time off I have to burn before February, so I'll be taking off for most of that week.

Time for the happy DL dance.

Double Loot!

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 12:02:57 pm »

This will be awesomesauce.....looking forward to it!

bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 01:18:10 pm »

Cant wait.. Up to t9 in progression. Started just after halloween last year. Been missing my extra mitigation.
Peign
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 01:35:57 pm »

Cant wait.. Up to t9 in progression. Started just after halloween last year. Been missing my extra mitigation.

Nice work!   Halloween on EZ is amazing.   Wild and exhausting.   Remember finishing up Halloween in 2014 (maybe 2013) just completely exhausted.   All the DL, all the phat loots!
Peign
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 01:41:23 pm »

Looking at the files, Housegarden will be the only Halloween zone?    I guess it was 2013 when Halloween was fear plane, mistmoore, unrest, all of the creepy zones.   

gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 08:59:02 am »

Although i've played on this server for over five years, i've never had a chance to participate in the Halloween event.  I've read about it, but still have a question about my main goal, getting the Insane Goblin familiar.  I'll probably only have 3-6 hours, so am wondering how best to spend it.  After downloading the Halloween files, after the event goes live, talk to Mr. Halloween in the Nexus or Stonehive, get ported to an instance/public?, then just start killing things while monitoring for new spawns?  Any trigger mobs to target that are up on repop?

Thanks for any assistance/advice!
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 09:23:22 am »

The event is one zone now and the level is based on your group average.

Just start killing and the mobs will pop on death. Additionally it appears from my experience the more you pull the better chance you have at spawning a higher tiered monster. If you spawn a bunch of cazics cuz your pull isn't that great, don't worry they can still spawn up the chain on death.

Some people will try to take advantage of you early on, by selling the higher end pets for alot of plat. Some people will just randomly shout rotting loots. It's hit or miss. Not that anything is wrong with selling the pets so don't derail thread on that note please.

Akka, I think last year there were random UW drops for a limited time, will that be the case again this year?

What about adding back the strike augs V's that dropped in previous years? Or the septre of time drops?

Just random questions.

Keeze
Peign
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 09:37:44 am »

The event is one zone now and the level is based on your group average.

Just start killing and the mobs will pop on death. Additionally it appears from my experience the more you pull the better chance you have at spawning a higher tiered monster. If you spawn a bunch of cazics cuz your pull isn't that great, don't worry they can still spawn up the chain on death.

Some people will try to take advantage of you early on, by selling the higher end pets for alot of plat. Some people will just randomly shout rotting loots. It's hit or miss. Not that anything is wrong with selling the pets so don't derail thread on that note please.

Akka, I think last year there were random UW drops for a limited time, will that be the case again this year?

What about adding back the strike augs V's that dropped in previous years? Or the septre of time drops?

Just random questions.

Thanks, appreciate the explanation.    

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 11:24:37 am by Peign » Logged
gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 10:12:49 am »

Thanks for the information.  Much appreciated!
bridgitx

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 11:10:46 am »

Is there a minimum participation level for the zone or will i have to look for lower leveled or multiple equal leveled parners so that i can be more efficient.

Chains start at ct? Even as a t9 average level. That seems odd. Are the bosses that spawn leveled to avg level or their tier level?
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 12:05:35 pm »

The zone is open to everyone 70+. It is an expedition.

The bosses do not scale, but Diablo is limited to spawning random bosses based on the zones level. This means he wont randomly spawn any higher level bosses on a zone thats scaled to a lower level but it does not stop them from chaining higher.

The wiki has details.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 03:11:51 pm »

I wouldn't really rely on the current setup to run chains of spawned bosses too much.  I know I got into an /ooc dialogue with Hate regarding spawn rates of subsequent chain mobs in 2014 and he'd confirmed that each next boss was exponentially harder to spawn than the previous one.  He never offered up hard numbers, but I'll just use an arbitrary baseline to illustrate my point.

Let's say you popped CT off of trash and to spawn SM from him is a 1/10 chance.  The chance for the next boss spawn in the chain, IG, remains static at that 1/10 rate.  So to go from CT to IG is gonna be 1/100.  To go from CT to BU ends up being 1/1000, and so on.  From BU, you get Chilled Devil, from Chilled Devil you get Arcing Demon, from Arcing Demon you get Mistress of Flame and from Mistress of Flame you get Angryface.  As the rate remains static, to get from CT all the way to Angryface would be 1 in 10mil.

The way Hunter had it set up was with the chances of the next spawn in chain being higher as you got to higher bosses.  You would pop your Skeleton or Werewolf or w/e off of trash, then the mini gods like Mini Rallos would be like a 1/30 chance.  To get from Mini Rallos to CT was set to something like 1/20, CT to SM was 1/15 and SM to IG was 1/10ish.  Again, these are not hard numbers, merely illustrating the point that as you got deeper into the chains your chance to spawn the next boss is higher...because keeping it static makes it a retardedly rare chance to keep going.  Part of the fun of the old setup was that people in T1 and T2 gear could do the Undead mini and even the mini god bosses, but if they got a CT pop and got smoked they could just ask in /ooc for someone to come and help them.  People who were geared enough to help would jump at the chance to do it and split the loot with the lower tiered folks. If they were geared out in SM pets already and the person's CT chained into SM, the lower level toon would be able to loot the SM pet because the higher geared toon was only after IG pets.  You'd have the strike5's and scepter upgrades dropping too, generally the strikes either got split or given to the lower level person because the higher tiered person was only interested in the scepter upgrade.  It was far more social and communal, you'd be farming greens trying to start a chain of your own and see the emote in chat about SM spawning and kinda stop and wait to see if someone asked for help or if they got IG to emote spawning and needed help with that.  It was fun to jump from one person's instance to another's to kill CT's, SM's and IG's and everyone involved benefited from it.

The current setup is nice though, you get a shitload of plat drops and fight level relevant mobs for decent exp.  Farming greens with jack shit for loot unless you popped a chain made my eyes bleed, but it was pretty exhilarating to run a decent chain into SM or even IG.  The current setup allows you to be able to force spawn deeper chain mobs based on the level of the mobs in zone and kill rate, so it's nice to be able to know if you put in X amount of time, you have a good chance to get X reward.  I like the quests too, you can grind them out to be able to purchase the pets even if you don't get any good chain runs.  The only thing I'd adjust about the current setup is making deep chains far more possible to run, this static setup is quite frankly lame.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 03:22:10 pm »

Oh yea you can buy pets from points. I think every named mob is worth x value. I can't remember specifics atm. I think it's like halloween candy as an alternative currency.

Keeze
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64979
  • Total Topics: 5051
  • Online Today: 82
  • Online Ever: 8678