Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:22:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Veeshan's Peak locked  (Read 3706 times)
wachna

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2023, 01:34:34 pm »

I always wanted this to be possible.. would be cool to zp in T10 with my necro and let pet tank
Ginge
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2023, 03:51:51 am »

...It's been a well established fact that Necro pets are practically invincible in any tier, I've been tanking and killing stuff with one for years...

I find it weird that this has been allowed to remain as is if people has known about it for years. I guess the only reason I can think of is that it does not seem like a common theme on EZ that people in general use their pets as tanks.

I find it hard to believe that people knew about Druid tanking Tunare and it didn't get looked at until I beat the task with pets though, I mean how many people got away with face tanking tunare with a druid etc before anything was said about it to Draca? It doesn't actually look like anything was said about it until this thread or surely it'd have been fixed by now,right ...

At least I've always made Draca fully aware of how op necro pets are, since day one of VP opening and I was tanking the entrance drolvargs with it and then the soul dragons, I've always told him why it happens and how it happens..

Tank

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 05:03:55 am by Tankus » Logged
Ginge
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2023, 08:25:17 am »

Also.... this message of the day basically says that we aren't allowed to summon pets or use a druid until the issue is fixed?

Tank
akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2023, 09:30:15 am »

Yah that message would be nice to clarify.  I jumped back into veeshan last night (didnt read the message) and just killed like normal.  I didnt do Tunare, I will let the much smarter people figure that one out before i jump back in.

I assume (yes i know the meaning) that i am ok if i am normally warrior tanking with my team beating the mobs to death?  Druid is healing and necro is dotting so i would think that is ok huh?
Fecs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2023, 12:02:36 pm »

Are people really not able to understand the concept of "don't do the extremely obviously bad thing"? Yes you're not allowed to use druids, if you're using that druid to solo stuff because it's immune to damage. You're also not allowed to use pets that are immune to damage to tank things. If you just don't do those things, and don't do anything else that also makes you immune to damage, you will be fine.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2023, 03:31:18 pm »

No exploiting
No warping
No bot / afk farming / afk fighting
Limit Profanity
No spamming
No kill stealing
Guild Quest camps
No ninja looting
No trains in public
Do not crash zones
Do not share accounts
Use common sense
Play nice and don't grief
Do not sell

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Ginge
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2023, 03:42:05 pm »

There was no afk fighting involved, I just went afk when I was fd .. nothing more, if we're going by that then the same rules apply to zone pulling and going to get a cup of tea or something..

End of...

Tank...
Ginge
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2023, 03:50:02 pm »

Are people really not able to understand the concept of "don't do the extremely obviously bad thing"? Yes you're not allowed to use druids, if you're using that druid to solo stuff because it's immune to damage. You're also not allowed to use pets that are immune to damage to tank things. If you just don't do those things, and don't do anything else that also makes you immune to damage, you will be fine.

When the motd isn't worded particularly well it's better to seek clarification before Raygan calls for the ban hammer again..

Tank
akpainter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2023, 06:37:23 pm »

Well sorry to cause a word war and spark the ire. If the moto was clearer my question  would have been a non issue.

Sure I can’t use a Druid to solo stuff but hey it says don’t use the damn class if it’s broken.

Now in discord Draca was very clear so that was helpful but damn why so freakin angry.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2023, 10:56:06 pm »

Some clarification here.

You can use any class. There are no blacklisted classes right now. However, if you notice that your Beastlord is miraculously face tanking something it shouldn't be able too, and taking very little, or no damage, then don't use this near invulnerability by using your Beastlord as some new god tank. Druids were mentioned specifically because it happened to Sarthin on a druid. During a wipe, his druid face tanked a mob (Tunare I think) and was taking no damage, which he reported to me. This also lined up with some reports Tankus gave of Necro pets being effectively invulnerable, which again, isn't intended (and possibly related to something else).

Currently, this is what's happening during a normal character combat round:

and what's happening during glitched combat rounds (Stonewall reports as 56%):

You'll see that SpellMit is correctly reported as -56 during the correct calculation, but -112 in the glitch round. Currently the difficulty is that replicating this issue is entirely inconsistent. I am turning to wiser people than me, but to this point it remains an issue.

Ultimately, there are no classes that received a super tanking boost in the past 2 weeks, so use discretion if you notice something like this happening.

Additionally, I am not the ban hammer guy. I know most people aren't malicious, they just get carried away with something that it's too good to be true. Suspensions are certainly possible in obvious cases, but are also almost never necessary.

-Draca

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2023, 07:19:57 am »

Funny I am going off what you were saying in /ooc and I was surprised you were saying it (as I am sure we all were) as everyone was saying it was breaking server rules…. I didn’t report you…wasn’t my business…if you were ballsy enough to say it in /ooc let you hang yourself. Getting all pissy because I just state what server rules are….effecting others game play by the zone being taken down….but oh well.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 07:22:01 am by Raygan » Logged

Ginge
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2023, 07:41:22 am »

Funny I am going off what you were saying in /ooc and I was surprised you were saying it (as I am sure we all were) as everyone was saying it was breaking server rules…. I didn’t report you…wasn’t my business…if you were ballsy enough to say it in /ooc let you hang yourself. Getting all pissy because I just state what server rules are….effecting others game play by the zone being taken down….but oh well.

You know what, I'm not going to continue to defend myself going afk when a pet is engaged to either get a drink or tend to my dying father, if you don't like that then that's on you Wasson.

I've never broken any rules, I've always helped Draca where I can so I'm not sure why you are so hell bent on trying to get me banned, I guess you're just being a cunt for the sake of it.

Draca can you bring up a log of ooc from the time I was fighting Tunare please, I'd like to see all these people that were telling me I was breaking rules, Shit I just want to know if old cunt chops Raygan was even online at the time which I highly doubt.

Tank
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2023, 07:51:04 am »

All these people were tells and chats I had up….no one said anything in /ooc other than Sarthin…and I don’t believe he called you out on it…of course you weren’t on Tankus in /ooc but some other toon…and I don’t keep up with peoples alts

Ginge
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2023, 07:58:36 am »

All these people were tells and chats I had up….no one said anything in /ooc other than Sarthin…and I don’t believe he called you out on it…of course you weren’t on Tankus in /ooc but some other toon…and I don’t keep up with peoples alts

I honestly don't care for your input anymore, you're just trying to get me banned for your own enjoyment, what a sad individual you must be to take pleasure in trying to take away pretty much one of the only things that gives me enjoyment in my life whilst I'm stuck at home 24 hours a day seven days a week giving my father palliative care until he dies...Thanks Ray...Top guy.....

Tank
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 08:18:13 am by Tankus » Logged
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2023, 08:14:00 am »

I was online that day and I caught most of the ooc chatter around how you had a project to try and kill Tunare with your pets. There was as has been noted earlier nothing secretive about what you were doing. You kept /ooc updated during the process.

After you had killed Tunare, you said this:

[Thu May 04 20:29:45 2023] Rirk says out of character, 'it's taken me almost 4 hours >< '
[Thu May 04 20:30:15 2023] Rirk says out of character, 'but i can afk and tend to my dad this way so it's all good for me.'

In the end, no one but yourself can say how much you were AFK and how much you were present at the keyboard during those 4 hours(6?) But obviously people will raise an eyebrow when you type stuff like that in /ooc. I am pretty sure you understand that. So you've explained yourself about it, nothing more to it as I see it.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)