Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 01:33:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: class balancing  (Read 7767 times)
xoltrek

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2010, 06:42:34 am »

Everyone is going to hate me, but....

I read a lot of class are useless and war pal are over powered.

All useless class  ask for an upgrade.

But isn't easier to nerf war and pal ??

War isnt supposed to make as much as dmg. Aug4 and aug5 should me just sigle agro or AE agro no proc dmg.

Proc dmg should be for dps class like monk, rogue, zerk....

pal ans SK are not dmg dealer and are secondary tank.
So they should have some aug that do aggro but less powerfull than war. The HP heal proc of pal is nice idea, SK should have their lifetap proc that heal the group for 50% of amount of dmg. (8k dmg on mob heal each memeber for 4kHP).
This should be reasonable sinc they are doing dmg where pal is just healing.

I think this will make more different class in game, and then more different armor/stuff to sell. So we will have to pay more pp to epic our toons (if you want to multi).

I know most of you will no, keep war it s good, or other thing.
But :
WAR = TANK
PAL SK = 2nd TANK small assist
ROG ZERK MNK = melee DPS
RNG = ranged DPS (they are well balanced no need modification i think).

After that the probleme will be caster and pet class...
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:59:01 am »

I dont want to speak for hunter by no means. But I think that was his intention in making the crafter guild augs so that the other non warrior melee classes could get dd augs.  Yes they cost money but something that ups DPS 50% should.  Nerfing classes in place is not the answer, working on bringing the classes that are subpar up is the key. (Not my number, someone posted in another thread).

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Demin
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 07:16:33 am »

Anger augs are actually LESS damage than firestrike and icestrike 5 augs.  It just seems like they are so much more now because warriors have been working on sorcer charm for much longer.

Before the augs, who ever put a sorcer charm on a monk?  Get both with focus 5 (41+) sorcer, and the monk will win.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 09:37:59 am »

It'll be interesting to see what happens next time Hunter updates source code.  There's been a change made that will only allow 1 proc per round.  If the procs per minute setting stays the same it may change things up a bit.
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 12:48:25 pm »

If it changes to only 1 proc per combat round its going to dramatically change the DPS output of warriors using the Angry Nerds line of augs.

Even though warriors dual wield the swing from your offhand weapon is still considered in the same round as your primary weapon's swing. So no more combat rounds of 4,5,6+ weapon procs.

Especially if the way the warrior Flurry disc works, instead of having multiple procs per swing, it would be reduced to one proc per click.

Those factors could reduce a warriors [DPS] dramatically.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 02:40:35 pm »

The issue is the ease of Anger V augs compared to the insanely expensive crafter guild augments.

My *monk* has four Anger V augs, just in the offchance they ever become monk usable..

For free...

killing in T1....

Compare that to the cost and effort of making a pair (never mind four) of icestrike Vs...

This would be the real issue:

Welcome to to EZ server, here's your insane warrior dps augs dropping off trash and minis in T1... If you are another  [melee] class, please come up with a couple million plat and grind into a huge time sink... IF you would like to [reroll] as god intended into EZ server's millionth warrior, hail me for further [info].

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 02:53:44 pm »

It just seems like they are so much more now because warriors have been working on sorcer charm for much longer.

I've been running alot of parses over past few days. The one thing I noticed that pushed my warrior over the top is the sorcerers charm. The brawlers charm doesnt even come close to matching what the sorcerers does for a warrior.

My sorcerers is only lvl 2,brawlers is lvl 23.

Without the sorcerers my warrior still tops the rogue/zerker but not by much,with it he blows them away by 1000's of dps

My other 2 char Rog/Ber are hurting too. Rogue 3.0 click is worthless and Berserker finishes last in every parse way behind.

IMHO rogue fix would be new clik like berserker one,as quick fix. Berserker needs his swing rate increased somehow. He is 300-600 attempts down from war/rog with evenly matched gear.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:20:10 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 04:35:32 pm »

Welcome to to EZ server, here's your insane warrior dps augs dropping off trash and minis in T1... If you are another  [melee] class, please come up with a couple million plat and grind into a huge time sink... IF you would like to [reroll] as god intended into EZ server's millionth warrior, hail me for further [info].

Damn I must be doing it all wrong, I never saw an anger IV or V aug drop off trash or a mini in T1 or T2. I guess your piss-fest would not mean as much if you were accurate in your statements.
Simp

bling bling

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 05:01:55 pm »

I'm pretty sure what he was getting at was the fact Warriors with Anger 4-5 augs are far more powerful than any other dps class. Unless your doing the trade skill augments,witch are a big time/plat sink just to get said dps class up to par with current warriors.

Zodiac - Monk - <i crit my pants>
Demin
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 05:41:56 pm »

Damn I must be doing it all wrong, I never saw an anger IV or V aug drop off trash or a mini in T1 or T2. I guess your piss-fest would not mean as much if you were accurate in your statements.

He is saying that you make the anger 4 and 5s from components that are dropped in T1/T2.  You're either being sarcastic for the sake of being difficult, or you have never read the Dragon Book for the recipe.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 07:15:58 pm »

I have a warrior.

I know! many do. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 02:09:47 am »

I dreaded making a warrior, but god....if you want anything done or to really gear your alts....its a must have. no nerf! Tongue

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 310