Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:02:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Whats with buff timers??  (Read 14122 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 03:54:05 pm »

It's related to focusing duration timers, the amount of AA + item focus is stacking too high, causing it to reset the buff timer. I think I had a fix for this at one point, i'll have to dig through source to get a fix.
♫§µÄdÖBlÖÖd♫
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 04:21:49 pm »

What I have noticed with my bard atleast is sometimes in Nexus/SFG the buffs will reset down to 3 min duration -- but then the FG/CG buffs will last the full time. Dunno what is different with that but it's chill Smiley
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 04:23:53 pm »

I'm just gonna disable calculating the AA/Spell buffs that increase duration to see if that fixes it. The issue only seems to be on characters that have those AAs/Buffs.

I sent Hunter the diff so it should be in for the 6AM reboot, provided he's around tonight.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 06:39:48 pm »

It happens on my level 59 bard with no AA more than any other toon.  I doubt it is focus/AA related.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 07:56:09 pm »

My best guess, and only a guess, from looking at the vanilla emulator code is that somehow the caster level is being set to level 1.

That would explain why Conviction which uses the duration formula of (level * 30) tics is affected, and Acumen which uses the actual value from the spell as the duration is unaffected.

Does that make any sense?
Nova5555

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 07:49:14 am »

Yes, that explanation works.
This is not AA related as it happens when I cast with characters that have no AA's.

Maldor 70 Warrior 2.5
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 10:19:23 am »

One other thing I was just thinking of.  I've only noticed this on buffs that come from the buff bot, and on characters that aren't fg/cg flagged so they need to click the confirmation text. 

Maybe whatever is handling responding to that dynamically generated saylink is doing something wrong.  I never had the problem until after the buff bots were broken a few weeks back.  Did something change in the script right about then?

Has anyone had this problem when they get buffs just by hailing and not clicking the secondary confirmation link?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 06:26:40 am »

It just occurred to me....this started also about the time that self click buffs were corrected to work at the required item level rather than lvl 1. Might that have something to do with it?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 12:13:00 pm »

I have yet to have this happen to any of my characters. SoD client, if that matters. Mage DS works fine, Mage's pet buff bot works fine, Monk buff bot and Paladin buff bot and castable buffs.

It seems the bug is not from the caster, but the receiver.

I was in a party with some guildies last night, and my group Mage DS was wearing off our tank at odd times without being dispelled. It was very random.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 02:21:29 pm »

Its happened on Titanium, SoF and SoD clients so far from what I have heard....and ya, it only happens for me on characters that have not been cg/fg flagged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Gallank

Taadpole (Warrior) and Frogglips (Cleric)

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 09:04:15 am »

Its happened on Titanium, SoF and SoD clients so far from what I have heard....and ya, it only happens for me on characters that have not been cg/fg flagged

Happened to me just now, boxing my Cleric and Warrior, got buffed and zoned, timers on most went down to 2 minutes... Sad
I gated, rebuffed, the Warriors stayed correct this time, but the Clerics went back to 2 minutes for most...
I am running SoD on both accounts...

Account 1
Paladin Darok
Cleric Frogglips

Account 2
Druid Savana
Warrior Taadpole
throeplith
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 10:59:45 am »

Glad I found this thread, because I am having the same issue.  All my timers get severely reduced once they stick.   For instance, Regrowth goes from 18:27 to 1:18.  I relogged once and it fixed the issue, but now sometimes when I zone with Buff Bot buffs and then try to Regen/DS with my druid they don't stick.  Not the end of the world, just trying to figure out what causes this.

None of the characters I am using right now have AA's (they're only in the 40's)
Edit: Druid is 58 but no AAs
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 06:23:08 am by throeplith » Logged
lwaggie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 11:52:22 am »

Happened to me yesterday. After they flashed after 3 min I potted back to FG and rebuffed at raid bot. Timers were wrong clicked each off manually and rebuffed Belford fine after that. Was odd. Was on my 70 SHD 3.0. Baby pally had no issue with SFG buff bot.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 05:04:46 pm »

Self buff first and then hail the buff bot, or remove your newbie charm and hail the buff bot then replace it.

The interesting thing is that the newbie charm seems to cause the issue.  At least one person has had trouble where their normal spells were doing far less damage and healing than normal which makes me think those spells were being cast as level 1 as well.

Perhaps reverting the change to make click levels match required levels only on the newbie charms would help?  One thing I noticed when looking at this is that the newbie charm has a required level of 1 and a recommended level of 30.  Perhaps that is throwing things off.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 05:42:40 pm by lerxst2112 » Logged
throeplith
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 06:25:43 am »

Thanks for the tip.  I will definitely try that next time it happens.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)