Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 09:11:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Let's break it down to the nitty gritty:  (Read 6474 times)
Ponzi

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2010, 06:05:13 pm »

To Sum up all the War/Pal/Clr threads:

This is a tank n spank server.

If it tanks, it wears plate.

If it heals, it wears plate.

If it group heals, it wears plate.

If it heals while it is dpsing, it wears plate.

No amount of customization short of completely overhauling classes outside of the EQ scope is going to make up for that.

Shamans can't slow.
Enchanters can't charm.

Pets aren't build to handle mobs that hit for 50k, and any real tweaking to the pets to make them viable t2+ is going to make them wreak havoc and decimate lower / solo content.

All your dps classes do dps. They are essentially interchangable, while some (Rangers, Monks) are prefered over others (rogues, wizards, etc) because they require less upkeep and attention while boxing.

T5 will likely change quite a bit of this. I sincerely hope it's a legit change, and not the cop out so many EMU servers with scripting fall victim to (HEY! lets make this mob unkillable without an ENC! Hey, lets toss a buncha locked doors in here! Hey, lets have this guy spawn a zillion adds with no hitpoints (bad example here with warriors, but on other servers it was *hell*) etc.... The worst mistake that can be made is to tweak things late in the party specifically to make the ubers reroll into some new 'needed" class they have to race qvic thru T4 to deal with some silly trigger, it's downright spiteful to make a class you've neglected for 2 full years to be somehow immediately necessary.

That's my 2 cents, we're in good hands here, this server is the absolute bomb and we all know it. i just needed eyes to see that during T5 development.

You want my random brainstorm of the day?

Make clerics chain classes.

The database work alone would be hell swapping out all the armor tags. But if we're gonna be 99% tank n spank, it's inane to have all the tanking and legit healing classes all plate-based when it accounts for 25% of the drops.

Instead of banging heads against the wall figuring out how to juggle the balance of power between clerics and paladins, just make it so it's less of a pain to have both.

Imagine a viable class that doesnt wear plate. It's not that out of reach. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:53:59 pm by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 05:55:32 am »

Just give Shamans the same heals that Clr have and add 400% healing as a focus to thier 3.0. lol

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 06:08:31 am »

Just give Shamans the same heals that Clr have and add 400% healing as a focus to thier 3.0. lol

Meh, the point is: the server is what it is. Effing with the shaman spell files would be just as painstaking a task as editing all the cleric potential armorz to chain or leather or cloth or whatever.

Just be happy with what we have. Nothing can be simply done to dramatically alter the focus of power from War/Pal/Sk/Clr.

I mean, what the hell could you do to a zerker to make it viable? A ranger? You boost a ranger tomorrow, mages or monks or whatever other afk dps class is gonna be up in arms. System works aight as it is. Could be a bit better, could be a lot worse.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 06:36:15 am »

Divide and conquer. Work on one class at a time.
Balthor2
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 07:51:22 am »

Classic balthor rant, These are limited time offers.
Next one sometime tomorrow.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:30:20 am by Balthor2 » Logged
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 07:53:23 am »

Imo it'd be enough if cleric just worked right.
I die every few fights since the clr epic just breaks occasionally and then my heals will be doing 5k non-crits. Kind of makes me feel like there's no option but rolling a dang pally.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:11:35 am »

You have bought gift of mana.  Upgrade to SoD and you can block the gift of mana spell from landing.  I bought it by accident, I blocked it on purpose, and now I am happy again.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 04:00:27 pm »

I unblocked it after the most recent source update that was supposed to fix the issue with it overwriting other buffs, and I haven't noticed my cleric epic buff missing since then.  If I get around to playing again I'll try and pay closer attention to it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6143
  • Latest: Toluene
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65077
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 89