Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 03:34:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Plane of dragons, wheres the freaking beef?!  (Read 7713 times)
Norrok

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2010, 05:24:44 pm »

had a massive rage essay, cutting it down to come across more calm.

Plane of dragons sucks ass.. throw some loot that people can actually use once in a while, k? thanks.. -.-'

Veil - Monk
Norrok - War
Falkor - Ranger
Beatris - Paladin
Korron - Paladin
Laza - ShadowKnight

(Officer of [NuToSvr])
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 05:51:49 pm »

What's your setup? one toon? Group? what kinda gear you wearing?

PoD can be tough if your not properly geared for it. It's pretty fun and well worth the effort, but only if you've progressed to the point where you are ready for it.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 05:59:04 pm »

I think PoD is a lot of fun, but don't go in expecting to gear up and leave in a few hours.  The spawns you get from the tikis often repeat and/or drop chain when you need plate, etc.  But, if you keep at it and use the rot bot it's still easier and more fun than haunting Qvic for days in my opinion.
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 05:59:45 pm »

PoD also has a lot of steps involved before you start to benefit from the rewards. It's not a "kill one mob and get a piece of armor zone".

Helpful reading...

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=530.0

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=531.0
Zard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 06:00:50 pm »

Personally I find it quite rewarding.  my group monk/war/clr/pal/shm have pretty much been fighting my way from qvic through now to pod t2.  My war has sorc lvl 3 with around 65k hps when i started t2.  Last night I had my true real go at a T2 named, and right away spawned the guy that stuns.  Of course i was not totally prepared and did not use stonestance and my war went down in first 2 rounds.  ended up getting him down to 50% before my group fell though, so figured if it was such a bad start I could prob handle it.  Guildie ended up dropping the guy and I ended up with some new legs for my war which really helped with the hps.  Sitting at almost 80k now after a good night of killing named.  Its been a great rewarding experience moving all the way up through the levels.  Though I have a feeling its going to take me AGES to get through t2.  I did end up spawning kronos one time and it was over before i could even start.  my monk was 1 shot, shaman/cleric did not last much longer.  and war/paly tryied to get him to about 90%.  that being said again its been very rewarding to grind my way up to this point.  though i'm not looking forward to having to grind 100+ levels of RoA plus all the charms...
Norrok

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 06:03:09 pm »

t2 warrior, t1/some t2 on both paladin, t1/t2 [50/50] ranger, t1/t2 [60/40] sk, and t1/t2 [30/70] monk. [all missing t1 legs on all but warrior [brought a while back] and monk [its leather...] rest have leather legs to use with rot bot :p

6 characters in total, 5 different classes.

Bosses/mobs aint an issue, its just a rant on the luck of my loots.. can spend normally 30 mins to an hour chain killing to spawn a mini boss, only to use that crystal and get some boss that has something near enouh everything character needs but the warrior, and typically all i'll get it the same necro/mage or cleric item.

Then ironicly at the same time, a guildie can get mini bosses to spawn for him every 5 mins tops, and get generaly more luck on gear overall in t1/t2 content.

Just venting off tbh, just wouldnt mind abit of love in the loot department once in a while, and not to be disappointed at every turn when it comes to loot..

i'd naturaly understand if i only needed, lets say t1 legs [which i've grown to accept are stupidly rare, so i aint that fussed], but considering its most slots across the classes, you would figure that within the time frame i've listed, i'd have filled up a few more slots than what i have, instead of seeing the same stuff rot over and over, stuff thats not even worth attempting to sale - due to the fact the class just doesnt seem to exist and need t2 gear.

lerxst, im all for agreeing with you there, t1 content was actually enjoyable - till i got to my final parts of course, but even then it was bearable.

t2 on the other hand is like being slapped at every turn.

Gunther, trust me - i know how Pod works, the hours i've listed being in this zone is in a very short amount of time, this aint my first box to hit t2 content.

Veil - Monk
Norrok - War
Falkor - Ranger
Beatris - Paladin
Korron - Paladin
Laza - ShadowKnight

(Officer of [NuToSvr])
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 06:06:27 pm »

Yeah it can be painful if your looking for one or two specific items per toon.

Just like Qvic that one piece you need never seems to drop.
Norrok

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 06:10:55 pm »

on another note, it appears i took the time i spent in this zone out, when i removed my rage essay. been probably around 24 hours within the last two days, and i've receieved two or three items in total [warrior arms (dragion class)] sk arms, and monk arms], i've also spent around 60 hours in total in a pretty short amount of time on t1 content, and have only seen the t1 leg boss [phar?] spawn maybe 8 or 9 times, each time resulting in leather legs dropping, not once have i see anything eles drop.]

the whole rent was namely about the fact that in the amount of time i've spent in the zones, i should have recieved at least more dragon class items, then i have of mage/necro/cleric/berzerker items combined, and trust me.. thats alot. Im not after a miracle, im not after free loot.. just after a bit of freaking luck -.- this was just a rant, wasnt me asking for help on how to beat such and such boss, or how come im not fully t2 in 12 hours..

just would expect abit more luck than i actually get.

Gunther :

need 3 paladin bracers, 1 sk bracer, 2 monk bracers, 2 ranger bracers, 2 paladin chests, 1 monk chest, 1 ranger chest, 5 legs on all but warrior, 2 paladin arms, 1 ranger boots, gloves across the board but sk/warrior, helms across the board but warrior.

thing is, it isnt my final few parts.. its almost everything, and thats what the issue is Tongue

Veil - Monk
Norrok - War
Falkor - Ranger
Beatris - Paladin
Korron - Paladin
Laza - ShadowKnight

(Officer of [NuToSvr])
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 06:23:14 pm »

Yeah, T2 can be a painful grind.  I'm on a bit of a break now since I got tired of it, and with some of the haste/proc/disconnect while zoning issues that were going on it just became not fun for me.

If there's double loot over the weekend I'll probably be back banging the head against the wall again. Smiley
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 06:25:59 pm »

wait till you guys see t3 and t4... class and multiclass drops..

hang in there sooner or later those pieces will fall..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Zard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 06:38:08 pm »

This is probably a question for another thread, but at what point should I stop working on progression T2/T3/T4 and start working on ROA and Charms?  Does getting the ROA and Charms only make the grind a bit easier, or do you really need to have them in order to even do the content.  Right now my monk has brawler 7 with ROA 3, it was my first char and so it got the majority of the loots at first.  But than I realized that my monk/shaman tag team could not do shit and started up the war/pal/clr combo.  War has sorc 3 and pal has oracle 1.   I don't mind spending some time farming away in ldon for charms if I am going to have to have them for T3/T4 but like I said not sure what is the better option.
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 08:14:53 pm »

No offense but a lot of us geared up in t1/t2 when there was no rot bot or dragon class items.  I feel now like it is pretty easy to gear up.  Hell the hardest thing now about getting full t2 is buying enough ore drops because you won't see enough on your own.

Take it from a guy with 13 full t2 chars, it used to be a lot worse.
Tromi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 07:12:15 am »

I've been here for 3 days and i can  say:Most pieces aren't too bad to get,its the legs which really suck for t1.

I keep getting the same enemies:Apophis/Omm/Amun with slight chance to get kephri.

As for zard's question:Get roa if you plan to farm t2,its going to be a lot of help killing those hard bosses.T1 bosses aren't too bad in dmg and with a paladin with rank 11 charm,you will be healing enough.I win the majority of times against t1 bosses.I also recommend you get a 3 box and augs for your warrior like:rage 4 and sorc charm lvl 11 and up.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 07:15:15 am by Tromi » Logged
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 10:05:42 pm »

Honestly, just getting all of your toons full T1 and then getting Warrior atleast sorc 1 and then healers ATLEAST oracle 1, preferrably 11, should be more than enough to take out the named in T2. Not even a week ago my group had trouble downing T2 named everytime i spawned one... Now a week later the warrior and pally are both full T2 and pally has his 3.5. (Not to mention our alts are almost full T2 as well)

We are running:
War/clr/pal/pal/mage/clr

and then we usually invite someone from the guild who doesn't box a lot of toons to come loot rots or we get a loot rotation going. RoA isn't really required to take down T2. Just do your thing, and b sure to get some charms and full T1. It helps a TON.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)