Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:58:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hey Fugitive  (Read 6142 times)
Aname
« on: January 18, 2011, 03:50:50 pm »

Look what I found in merry old England!

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 04:21:07 pm »

HAHA I can buy them by the box!

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:23:29 pm »

I dont get it !? /scratches head

Is it cause its a 3 pack? I mean here in the good ole USA we always take thinga a step further..the 4 pack rocks!
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 04:35:45 pm »

You guys would have to know the history....
Fugi and later myself would comment on eating peanut butter cups in guildchat to get Aname going. She lives in England and up to now was having no luck locating them over there. Did I mention she loves them. Now to find the next item to torment her with....

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:38:11 pm »

Wow ! Want me to send ya a case Aname?
Aname
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 04:41:38 pm »

Drezen, thanks for the offer but I'm ok atm. LOL
My favorite are of course the thick ones with more peanut butter but these are saving me from dying.
England sucks for peanut butter.  We have a choice of two brands and that's it.  Of course, neither is Peter Pan Smooth.
England eats Marmalite which is similar to Vegemite.  If you look at the ingredients of that stuff it says Yeast Extract.  Now, ask yourself - what does yeast extract?  YEAST POOP!  Why anyone would eat that instead of peanut butter is beyond me!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:17:11 pm »

Joy, yeast poo reese cups..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Nebbeny

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 08:10:40 pm »

Did you guys not know that Ethanol is a waste product of a yeasts respiration?  Beer is yeast crap, or urine Tongue

Marmite rawks!
Aname
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 09:07:10 pm »

Did you guys not know that Ethanol is a waste product of a yeasts respiration?  Beer is yeast crap, or urine Tongue

Marmite rawks!

Nebbeny, I will admit that I have never opened a jar of Marmite (sorry for the earlier misspelling of the word).  But, I have opened a jar of Vegemite and it looks and smells like POOP!  YUCKY STUFF!  How different is Marmite from Vegemite?
Nebbeny

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 06:40:58 am »

I've honestly no idea Aname, i'm british, i eat marmite, i've seen vegemite, and i've heard tales of it from friends in Australia, who say that it's no where near as good as marmite.  If you've never had twiglets though, you're missing out, they're pretty damn awesome snacks, and actually alot better for you i think that most crisps (chips to you lot across the pond).

Marmite doesn't exactly look tasty i know, but it has a strong flavour that is, as the adverts say, love it or hate it.
Aname
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 08:22:12 am »

Nebbney, I've never heard of twiglets but I'll look for them in the store.  I'm not crazy about crisps but I do love pretzels!  Took me awhile to find those in Tesco.  Last snack aisle, all the way on the bottom shelf.

I've been here in England for two years now and I'm still adjusting to the food difference.  You guys eat a whole lot healthier than we do in the US and I'm amazed at how cheap fresh fruit and veggies are.  My health is a lot better just from eating the food, much less from the excellent health care I get here.  I love England and I'm seriously considering becoming a citizen next year.  My three years will be up then and I can apply.   Smiley
Nebbeny

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 02:08:31 pm »

Ahhh that kinda makes sense, didn't realise you were an American Aname, glad you like our fair country!  Twiglets come in similar packets to things like Doritos (sp?) and probably in the same area as pretzels.  I've been over to the states a few times and I enjoyed the pretzels there too, but I do love the taste of salt.  Twiglets are similar in that they are crunchy snacks, but they're long and thin, and hollow, rather than well, pretzel-y.

I love my country too, America is nice, but I don't think i could get used to it.  It's too big, hard for something that big to have a solid idendity, theres a thousand and one american stereotypes, just pick one and stick to it god damn it Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)