Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 11:54:55 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Arena Battles  (Read 4933 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2010, 05:12:07 pm »

So, i noticed my RL friend playing a private server of WoW.. and something i saw kind of mde me think of how it might work in EZ.

Some sort of Arena Contest Battles.
Obviously right now, would be very unbalanced if it were PvP. But maybe some sort of face paced (makes it hard for boxers, or impossible) arena of PvE. Floods of mildly weak mobs run into an instanced small room your group would be in.
Have it give you a certain set of gear when you zone in (to prevent war aug > everything) and set armor. This would also make it more challenging regardless of teir player. I havent given it to much thought. just wanted to say it seemed like a fresh idea.

Kind of like the Monster Missions that were in Live in Depth of Darkhollow expansion (i think) where you would take the form of a certain mob with specific gear and abilities, and fight a bunch of mobs. same concept i guess actually, only less dungeon crawling and more wait for next wave and expect 10+ mobs to spawn or rush in at you.

As for a reward for say, maybe the top guild? who competes... something not game breaking as a reward, but enough to commend the dedication to doing it more times sucessfully than other guilds.

Like i said, random idea. Still an interesting thought imo

Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 05:07:43 am »

That sounds like a fun new concept, I would be excited to see something like that created.
vile

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 05:53:29 am »

PoR had this thing in freeport where you had i think 99 waves of different types of things to kill to get a charm

since charms are already customed up we could use another slot

also i didnt play though it but i read something about a raid battle they implimented that never ended and the guild that got furtherst got some kinda recognition
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 06:02:04 am »

Yeah it was the I.R.A. (Infinitely Regenerative Automaton) an Anniversary/Living Legends raid around the time of Secrets of Faydwer (during the same time they revamped Blackburrow/Lower Guk to be level 75-80 which incidentally i think would also be rather cool Wink *hinthint*) You got different levels of augs or each wave you killed. You killed the same giant Steamwork mob over and over until you wiped and it got harder each time. They did it a couple times i believe.

Blood of the Akkadian
Sturmx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:49:12 pm »

They also had the Arena Champion Badge... that had 20-25 waves of multiple mobs / bosses. Cheesy

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 02:54:00 pm »

Yeah it was the I.R.A. (Infinitely Regenerative Automaton) an Anniversary/Living Legends raid around the time of Secrets of Faydwer (during the same time they revamped Blackburrow/Lower Guk to be level 75-80 which incidentally i think would also be rather cool Wink *hinthint*) You got different levels of augs or each wave you killed. You killed the same giant Steamwork mob over and over until you wiped and it got harder each time. They did it a couple times i believe.

*cough cough* Paladin AE proc Aug for weapon *cough cough*
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:59:13 pm by Reed » Logged

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 03:01:52 pm »

On a related note, i dont know why all classes dont have some sort of "class oriented" unique augs for their weapons.

SK maybe 500hp life tap
Paladin some sort of DPS.... maybe holy based?

I cant really think of anything in specific, but just was thinking how Warriors have it nice right now. Only ones with AE dmg + aggro augs out of the tanking classes. Casters would be kinda hard to make specific augs for i imagine, but still. collective thinking could fix it

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)