Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:36:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Cost of dps  (Read 10467 times)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:18 am »

Apparently there's a bug with weapons over 250 dmg, like it wraps around back to 0....  As for delay, there's a cap (10 I believe) and most high end people will be there already.  So yes the only way to add more damage is with spells/procs.

If Hunter thinks bosses are too easy about his only option is to nerf the Firestrike/etc augs... I honestly hope he doesn't, but there is a small, evil part of me that wants to see it happen, just to watch all the "stop QQ u f*king noob" people squirm a little bit... just a little  Grin

(not really)

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 02:42:27 pm »

If Hunter thinks bosses are too easy about his only option is to nerf the Firestrike/etc augs...

Personally I think he should have looked at that as a starting point for dealing with the DPS on "End Game" content. Would have made more sense than nerfing mid game too much then figuring out how to add mid level augs to offset the nerfs and bring mid game DPS back up to a respectable level.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 08:46:51 am »

Wizards are the top dps and yet have no cost to make them great dps.

Why is the cost of melee dps (aside from war, ranger) so high while wizard dps cost is 0?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA-eeeeuuuuhhh-AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No cost...hahahahahaha epic.

Let's look at the cost of Tier 3 spell cost ehh? 50-500k?  How about the Tier 3 needed JUST TO CAST MORE THAN ONCE? 100k+ minimum? How about the Tier 4 AoE spell? Another 50-500k?

So assuming you don't mind dragging a near worthless character from 70 up to t3, and can afford only 200k from friends/pals to get tier 3/4 spells and the tier 3 gear, then yes you are correct.

However, if you don't have the ability to be carried or self-rush a wizard up, they are the most painful dps to gear up. Hell, even at 70 with t3/t4, only the T3 has a reliable hit chance.

That's just my take though. Honestly, mages/necromancers/bards still need heavy loving but whatever.

(See that warriors, I can present semi-legit arguements without rage bombing about people requesting nerfs! Eat it!)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 11:53:12 am »

Slice cut cut slice

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110