Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:30:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mossy stone aug + bow  (Read 6359 times)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2010, 12:24:46 pm »

I've seen people with this combo (Mossy stone aug on a bow) but when I tried it, it said something like "this aug doesn't work on that item".  It does say 1HS/1HB/hand to hand only, but apparently if you use Titanium client it will work.  I'm using SoD.  Can this be fixed purty please?

While I'm at it I'll suggest adding epic bows before 3.0  Grin  Good bows are kinda rare.. I've never ever seen one drop in Time or Ldon.  I hear there's a good one in Qvic but by then you are doing 3.0s anyway...

Murrjok
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 12:28:18 pm »

Its the same way with piecing and i personaly dont know how to edit the items to include more weapon types.
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 12:37:00 pm »

There is a piercing aug though.  It even adds backstab damage.  If it's not possible to edit the Mossy stone, then an archery-specific aug would be great too, but probably more work. 

I'm just guessing here but I don't think you need to add more weapon types, you just have to remove the current restrictions.  If you notice a lot of augs don't have any restrictions, and so they work with any weapon (zapped cardboard scrap, etc)  Titan. client probably doesn't know about restrictions, doesn't read/look at them, so that's why it works...

Of course I could install Titan. but this seems like a bug that should be fixed.

Murrjok
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:44:05 pm »

With no idea how to edit the restrictions in the first place thats the real problem, it still editing the weapon types. you best bet is to try and search eqemulator.org for the proper code to edit these restrictions for SoF/SoD clients. Im too lazy to look.

P.S. Thar be no piecing augs in PoDragons =p
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 01:27:29 pm »

With so many bugs here and there with SoF and SoD I decided to keep titanium on my pc for times like this. It is not just bows that it restricts. Mossy from PoD can not be aug'd into anything in the range slot on SoF.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 03:10:19 pm »

I've seen people with this combo (Mossy stone aug on a bow) but when I tried it, it said something like "this aug doesn't work on that item".  It does say 1HS/1HB/hand to hand only, but apparently if you use Titanium client it will work.  I'm using SoD.  Can this be fixed purty please?

While I'm at it I'll suggest adding epic bows before 3.0  Grin  Good bows are kinda rare.. I've never ever seen one drop in Time or Ldon.  I hear there's a good one in Qvic but by then you are doing 3.0s anyway...

had same problem last night actually, glad its been cleared up. luckily i have titanium still too...

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 08:32:55 pm »

ahh so that explains why you told me you couldnt aug that bow.
SoD is sweet client and I want to use it here but there are still some bugs I dont want to deal with.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 09:50:39 am »

ahh so that explains why you told me you couldnt aug that bow.
SoD is sweet client and I want to use it here but there are still some bugs I dont want to deal with.

Only bug so far i've really had no way around. That and friends list *shrug*
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:17:42 pm by Reed » Logged

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 12:15:30 pm »

Well I installed Titan. and got my bow augmented... still would like this fixed though, if it is a bug...  I noticed in Titan. the aug said "Restrictions - "  (nothing) so Titan. obviously doesn't read the restrictions.

(also Protip: don't have 100k's of coin on your character when you load him into Titanium client.. heh)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 172