Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:42:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Client Crash - Please Help!  (Read 21861 times)
Recoil

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 01:37:46 pm »

If I run into this problem again I'll take the time to find and download SoD.  But I now know I have a vialable work around if SoD doesn't fix my problem.  I use Titan because I also fool around on p99.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 01:52:50 pm »

1) On Vista and Windows 7, don't put EQ under the Program Files or Program Files (x86) directory.  This can cause all sorts of trouble.  If it is there, move it somewhere else, like C:\EQ.

2) If you play on multiple servers, especially P99, you're much better off having a separate copy of the game for each server.  The files that you need to change to play on P99 can cause many problems on other servers.
Recoil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 02:18:49 pm »

Yes I have two seperate copies of EQ with different database files installed in both.  I have TWO desktop shortcuts labeled as P99 and EZ Server.  They are however located in the Program Files(x86)>Sony>Everquest directory.  I'll test you method as that's easy enough to swap out locations.  I'm only curious if a copy/paste is suffient if there are registry files still looking at the old directory and could have any impact.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 02:55:53 pm »

EQ doesn't use the registry for anything important, so moving directories is not a problem.

Because those directories were virtualized while under Program Files you might find that you are missing a couple of files.  If so, you can find them under the C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Local or LocalLow folder.  There should be a folder under there for each of your installs where it would put the files it couldn't save to the game directory.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)