Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 02:01:49 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rant of the Day  (Read 6574 times)
Curry

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2011, 05:53:00 pm »

Dear people who want to buy stuff at /auction...

"pst w/o" equals "please send tells with offer".

Not "please send inquiries wether there are offers or not".

I don't see what's so difficult to understand about this one - you just send an offer which seems reasonable to you. Depending on the circumstances, there may be an additional auction regarding the highest offer so far, or might tell you what someone else offered, or might just tell you it's gone since I took the first decent offer due to being too lazy to bother with any further auctioning nonsense, et cetera.

But GDI I cannot be bothered replying the "any offers?"-tells. Just a make a sodding offer, that's what was requested in the auction. I don't know if you just want to be a meek guy and know wether there were bids or if it's still up for grabs, or if you just hope to find out that there are no offers coming so you can make the smallest offer possible to grab what would otherwisely rot (which most likely won't happen, since I ain't running out of a GI to invite your ass for pocket change). I don't care one way or the other. The "any offers?"-thing is becoming way too much of a pet peeve for me.

Rant over. If I come off as a colossal douche here, then good. Since that's my impression of the chaps who send the aforementioned tells.
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:39:51 pm »

/tell curry have you gotten any responses yet? j/k lol

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:46:31 pm »

Curry i fucking love it !!!

I used to piss people off by /ooc responses to their stupid quesitons. You start out very simply by saying /auc WTS T4 Plate Warrior legs pst offer... and this is what you get, everything but an offer:

"/tell <name> hey man what is the offer at now?" "Hey if no one offers can i come get it xD" , "Hey id really like those ^.^"

Sometimes the right response is none, but i always flamed the fuck out of em for it!!! Grats Curry for speaking your mind about morons.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »

heh yeah sometimes I get so much spam I can barely close the tell windows fast enough... it's like whack-a-mole.

here's a tip... when someone is selling a bunch of stuff, like 2-3 (popular items) from airplane, they will get a lot of tells and it's hard enough to keep track of it and get it all done in the 20-30 minutes before the corpses poof (or less if air crashes..) they don't need you spamming them with all kinds of extra crap..

I always get tells like "hey if you see any paladin bracers let me know" or "got a warrior bp for sale?" - hey peeps, if I had those things I'd be auctioning them, really... I'm not building up a pile of secret stash here..

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:15 pm »

Exactly why i stopped selling gear. I just delete when myself or guildies' dont need.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:15:33 am »

you delete them to not have stalkers?

whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 02:24:17 am »

I always get tells like "hey if you see any paladin bracers let me know" or "got a warrior bp for sale?" - hey peeps, if I had those things I'd be auctioning them, really... I'm not building up a pile of secret stash here..

As for this i always when i send these type of tells offer twice the going rate for the item as to insure fast easy sales. Plus somtimes it comes in handy when those who are selling needs a peice the favor is usually returned in kind.

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 09:22:54 am »

Here's a rant for the day......
 When BUYING  items such as essences, putting out the wtb auc to get 5 tells back of people asking how much i will pay for them then they in turn say wow that's alot, they were just curious....

People that do this go on my list of people whom i wont do business with in the future.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 08:40:20 pm »

Here's a rant for the day......
 When BUYING  items such as essences, putting out the wtb auc to get 5 tells back of people asking how much i will pay for them then they in turn say wow that's alot, they were just curious....

People that do this go on my list of people whom i wont do business with in the future.

you need a life

You need to grow up and stop zerging old post to try to stir things up.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:32:18 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 8678