Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 09:34:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lull/pacify spells not working...  (Read 4839 times)
Kareo

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:19:09 am »

So I play a bard, and finally today I just got around to asking in /ooc why my lull songs seemed to be having no effect.  I was told that lull spells don't work on this server.

The song I was using should lull just about any level, and the mobs were light blue cons, so definitely not a level issue.  And when you cast it, it either lands or gets resisted (and mobs sometimes agro on resist).  But it just doesn't actually seem to reduce agro radius.

Is there a reason why this is this way, or is this a bug that might get fixed at some point?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 03:39:11 am »

charms were disabled because of exploits ages ago. don't know if Hunter has had a chance to revisit them lately.

Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 05:59:21 am »

Lulls are different than charm.  Lulls worked fine up until a few months ago when I believe a eqemu update sort of broke/fixed it and then it no longer really works on this server.
Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 08:41:20 am »

Is there a reason you need the lull spells?

I mean, unless you're trying to sneak past stuff way up the ladder with your way down the ladder itemization, then, perhaps get CoH or something Wink

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
Kareo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »

It's nice if I'm trying to solo in a zone where mobs are difficult.  With my current gear (1 epic 3.0 and mostly qvik), for instance, LDoN 5 is doable, but if I get more than 2 mobs at a time I have to fade.  I can split them with fade and mez, and other ways, but it sucks that 2 of our major powers (charm and lull) are nerfed.  Charm I'm OK with because we get casters guild pet.  Lull would be nice to have back if it's just a bug that can be fixed at some point.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)