Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 01:59:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New to server... just a few questions  (Read 3722 times)
exciter72

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2011, 04:10:20 pm »

Hi, pretty excited about playing here... I like the idea of custom zones, quests, etc...

Just a few questions... Can someone briefly explain to me about the tier system. I kinda got out of EQ for the years that the tier stuff come in, and when i went back I was very lost with everything.

Secondly, I looked at the rules and didnt see anything about boxing. I'm assuming its ok because it wasnt there, but I dont want to break any rules so I just want to make sure. I had done some project 1999 playing and I know they are totally against it.

Last, I have been doing project 1999 some, so can I use the same client with the same files or do i need to recreate another EQ folder.  And how do you update.

Thank you ahead of time, and sorry for being the ultimate noob
zeebos

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:22:50 pm »

Same client. However you will need the custom spell file and server file and place them in your eq directory. Boxing is severely frowned upon............J/K.............. ..You really can't progress unless you box multiple toons or get tons of help.  You don't really need to worry about the tiers until you get your epic 3.0. Make sure you do not create multiple characters on one account. You will be upset down the road. Just make a new account for each toon. Other than that, read through the forums on Fighters Guild and Casters guild, the rest will come as you need it.

Zeebos
Gweedo
Prevacid
Zantac
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 04:33:56 pm »

There are also several really good guides in the quests and guides section.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)