Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 02:45:45 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Why I left Fear Mongers... Words from a Skeezy Ratty Troll  (Read 6033 times)
oldepharte

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:20:38 am »

I recently departed Fear Mongers and (apparently) stirred up a bit of a storm.  As near as I can tell the word on server is Nuboorodi (Spelling, sorry man!) is the reason I left FM.  Seeing the recent thread kicking his past history around I cannot help but be reminded of the pink monkey in a cage of browns... they get kicked around a lot for no apparent reason also!  Cheesy

So to help settle this cruft down a skosh, I'm going to address the issue publicly.

Several days before my departure from FM we had a meeting of most of the senior guild management members and decided FM had enough members and needed to be focusing on developing current member capabilities to put The Abyss on farm status.  While I was out of game due to RL stuff for two days this issue was revisited by the management team and subsequently re-decided to act on and clear the current applicants list.

In short, a management team decision that I participated in was re-made WITHOUT my participation.  There are a variety of good reasons why this is not a good management practice; LordLarwin and I have discussed most of them in GREAT detail!  Grin  (I'll wager LL learned more from this incident than the average 3 students learn in Management 201  Cheesy )

So while Nubo was peripherally involved in my decision, as he was one of the several folks added, his involvement is only peripheral and had no significant bearing upon my decision.   My issues were with management and have been fully addressed.

I'd appreciate it, as I'm sure Nubo would too, if we can slow down on the jackboots to his face, aight?  Thanks!  Wink
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:43:36 am »

Your post did not make a hell of a lot of sense. But I think at the end you said lay off of nub. I am pretty sure the jackboots to his face will continue as long as he continues his asshat behavior. I am pretty sure people want some sort of consequence for his behavior too.

oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:09:04 pm »

My post will make a ton of sense to the involved players.

A portion of the hatred being dumped on Nubo is because he 'drove me from FM' or "FM chose Nubo over Skeezy' and it just ain't like that at all.

The only instance I am aware of FM choosing Nubo over an existing member is, to the best of my knowledge, an entirely appropriate personnel action based on comments and actions of the member.

My experience in FM has been a pleasant one and the guild continues to be one I will consider membership in when I decide to re-guild.  LL is a good leader, young yet but growing well and a conscientious manager.  He actively works to develop his membership and that's a rare and Good Thing(tm)!

While Nubo may have had some issues in the past on server, most of what I have seen him accused of are things that all of us have done a time or three, sometimes even intentionally!

All I'm saying here is it is a game and folks should chillax a bit is all.  If a player's style bothers you, use the /ignore and motor on down the road.  If they're breaking rules, FRAPS is your friend!

Now let's all get out there and slay monsters!!!   Cheesy
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:12:56 pm »

I agree with Skeezy, Im chillaxing like a big dog on a warm porch. ( Matter of fact im so chillaxed my Dr. Scholl's have went from "Gelling" to pure liquid and are leaking out)

Reako66

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 01:56:09 pm »

You know if Nube does rule breaks in your guild Hunter may banned the whole guild he said in the past.  Don't think people are mad at him for u leaving it is because he is a dick alot of people.
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 02:15:49 pm »

I am also aware of FM's "No Tolerance" policy. We as a guild are extremely strict and quick to act on transgressions against server rules. We have been through alot of different players and while the threat of a "guild ban" is definatly real, We do our best to get the bad apples out quickly before it gets out of hand. Thats why we welcome PROOF from anyone on the server about our members while they are wearing our tag.
 Furthermore everyone on this server has done things questionable to others at one point or another, It doesnt mean people cannot learn to play in a more server friendly way. It may take time, But it is a endevour FM has taken on for good or bad. Instances are our friends and we try to teach everyone in the guild that motto. So if everyone sticks to their instances no one should have a reason to complain about a player on this server. Problem solved. Chillaxing is so much more relaxing when i don't have to type.

Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 10:46:12 am »

So if everyone sticks to their instances no one should have a reason to complain about a player on this server. Problem solved.

The complaint was about "the condemned" training half the zone in public LDoN. That clearly wasn't in an instance since, I presumably doubt people report their own Guildmembers for training in GUILD instances.

It's funny however, people come into public LDON, see it empty and it's "oh, I'm alone in the instance, who gives a fuck about rules anyhow".

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061