Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:21:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 6754 times)
mokaloka99

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:51:37 am »

Hello EZ Server Community,

I will try and keep this short.

History:

Haven’t played EQ since 2004 or 2005, whenever Plane of Powers came out so everything is completely new to me. I also haven’t "boxed" characters before. I now have a level 15 Necromancer here.

Questions:

1) Everywhere I have read, people 2-box at the minimum and all the way up to 6-box which boggles my mind. I am barely getting the hang of playing 1 character and I was thrilled to be able to kite a skeleton without running into other mobs or dying! However, that seems to be the way of things now, so I would like to try an easy, and low maintenance 2-box. What character class would you guys recommend to pair with a Necromancer? I was thinking a Bard for the mana regeneration and speed, and just set him on auto follow?

2) Mouse sensitivity - I don’t remember my mouse ever being this slow in EQ. I have my mouse settings set to max in EQ and in Windows 7 (64bit). Looking up and down works great but left and right movement (x axis) is incredibly slow! I basically have to use the keyboard to turn side to side because  I do not have enough desktop to slide my mouse far enough to complete a 90 degree turn.

Win7
EQ Titanium
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 Optical (yes it is old)

Are there any tweaking or INI settings that will go advance past the in-game settings?

I guess that wasn’t as short as I promised and I apologize and thank you to anyone who read through it. Thank you for any help you guys might provide me with. This is a great server so far and and I am having alot of old school fun!

ronthedon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:56:32 pm »

pally is always a good startin toon pally/SK make a nice team
ronthedon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:57:32 pm »

and welcome to the sever =) Gnomemercy
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 03:04:07 pm »

What Gnome said....

EQ is based on a trinity of factors.... damage mitigation, damage removal, and damage infliction.  Your necro does the dps part fine, and healing on himself/pet fair.  Neither your necro nor his pet is very good at mitigation.  For that you need plate.  At the highest levels you not only need plate, you need it on a warrior.

But for 99% of what you do on EZ either a pally or an sk will do fine as a partner for your necro.  You may be better served by optimaxing Gnomemercy's advice and level an SK / Pally combo *then* develop your necro.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 03:18:53 pm »

That or get good friends!! (BTW Welcome to the server!!!)

mokaloka99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:38 pm »

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the replies and help! I am still bummed about the mouse issue, i guess i just need to buy a new mouse. I have the latest drivers for it but it doesnt help.

As far as a pally and SK go.. Well my LEAST favorite classes in any MMO are the hybrid classes. I just cant get my head around liking them. I am either all melee or all caster. Im not thrilled about playing a bard with my Necromancer but i figured it would be an easy box.

Will my necromancer not be able to go that far by himself or with a bard boxing? I am hoping that at the high end i can end up joining groups or a guild. I just hope everyones not 6 boxing and wont want to play with another real person :/

Again thanks for the information!

Almost forgot: From the enchanter charm threads i have read, Charm is still disabled, is this still true?

thanks,

Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:25 pm »

Welcome to EZ.. Regarding Charm.. not functional from what I understand.

I am really new on EZ and started experimenting with SK/Pal - War/Pal duos and that seemed to work extremely well (went with the War/Pal). I like boxing so ended up adding some additional toons in, but I bet you could do a War/Pal/Nec triple and have some fun.. Once you get Pet Affinity (20AA), you can slap a Feiry Defender on that skelly and have one more heal spam coming in for your tank. The Pally is really autoattack/heal spam, so don't really need to pay that much attention to them.

Also, not sure if you have seen this, but I made this link a favorite of mine so I can reference whenever I have questions about 1.5, CG/FG content.. very cool resource..

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ar5bwp4A-OXxdE5WRGVWSm0tQjgwU3FEdFZZdC1vU3c&hl=en#gid=0

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 03:01:45 am »

Since no one else made a comment about your mouse issue guess I'll share my experience with it.

I also run win7 and have a titanium client, pretty sure I ran into the same thing you did, try to mouse turn and you whip your mouse half across the desk and you only turned like 2 degrees right? Yeah, I feel your pain, I'm no keyboard turner so that pissed me off.

Anyways, got my hands on the Underfoot client from Steam. Works like a charm.

Have you tried to find a SoD/SoF client to run this on? Same installing principle, just a different port for the host.

Unless someone here can bust that theory, it's worth a shot I guess.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439