Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 15, 2024, 09:06:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Missing spells  (Read 4462 times)
Kwai

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:50:41 am »

Quick question here regarding T3/4 spells? 

I am returning after a 6 month absence and all of my T3/4 spells seem to have gone missing.  Gone from the spell book and gone from memorized line up.  Cleric, Wizard, Mage, Pally, SK, Shammy (Krakken OH NO!)

Did they get wiped for everyone?  I just can't get my head around why they would be gone.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 10:07:32 am »

Just answered my own question, and created another. 

When I took my break I was using the Titanium client.  Now I have the Steam version of Underfoot.  When I bring up the old client the spells are there, but they do not show up when I load the UF version.

I don't suppose there is any fix for this... is there?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:45:27 am »

Guessing that you did replace the spell file in the UF client as well?

Copy over the following file from titanium or Sof:
dbstr_us.txt - This one is the most important, otherwise many AAs and spell descriptions will not show.
- straight from EqEmu Site

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 11:17:37 am »

61 files missing and copied over.  dbstr_us dated 5/1//2011 was one of them.

The UF version works fine in all respects (so far) with all EMUs that I visit regularly... except the noted EMU-wide issue with zoning into Highhold.  The only issue I am having (so far) is with seeing the T3/4 spells that I copied into my respective spell books way back when.

I do remember comments some time back regarding an issue with Augs placed in armor/weapons using the Titanium client being unremoveable with later versions so I assumed this is related.  Just wondering if a fix was ever found as this seems somewhat related?
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 10:59:49 am »

In the interest of full disclosure and the admission that I am indeed a dumbass.... turns out that my spells_us.txt was corrupt.  I noticed when comparing the two files from the two different clients that the HoT version was different and missing spell names of the various missing T3/4 spells.  I did a re-download and POW the spells actually show up in the HoT version.  /facepalm
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6137
  • Latest: Draylan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65037
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 74