Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 05:41:11 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fixed Task Turn Ins  (Read 8493 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2011, 02:29:01 pm »

The way items are turned in for Task Quest has been fixed.

Previously, the NPC would take your items even if you haven't accepted the task yet.

Now your items will be returned if the task has not been accepted or is not active, so that players will not lose items by accident due to handing them in before accepting the task.

The quest fixed were for Audyin, Melwithe, and Hyacinthe.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:03:45 pm »

As always, nice work Hunter!

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
highfever

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:52:44 am »

Just a FYI, I completed the Fighter's Guild quest twice today and upon completion of the last step, I received a message that said "you don't have any tasks to complete" or something along those lines and the NPC gave me all 4 King's Chest cards back, but I got credit for completing the entire quest. Both times.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:38:32 am »

Weird, I'll have to check into that. I only tested with handing in the 1st item.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 12:06:45 pm »

did the same fo rme when i handed in the last of the CG stuff handed me all 4 items back as well
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:48:20 pm »

I just realized why its doing that. I'll fix it soon.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 09:42:29 pm »

Ok, just fixed/tweaked the Task Quest for Audyin, Melwithe, and Hyacinthe again.

What was happening in the code, is when you turned in an item to the NPC, it finished / checked the step in the task first (database task stuff). Then second, the NPC's (perl) quest code checked if you have the quest "Active", which was obviously not active in the database anymore, since it was "Completed". Just the order of things I guess.

Its fixed now so that when you hand in the last required item, that it won't give it back to you.

The Task Quest was still being completed before for the players, but it provided players a way of having their last turn in to be given back, which was a minor exploit.

Planning to use the Task System for more quest on EZ Server. Seems to be working great now, no loss of items, and no dupe of items either.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 09:59:29 pm »

Hey Hunter,

I just did the CG task today on a new toon and found that it -did- succeed and give me a ring as expected.  It did not, however, give me a "Hail" text from her that shows that I am in the guild.  It also does not tell me that I can type 'enter' to enter the guild.  It appears (incorrectly) that the only way to enter is via your ring and "Better hope you dont delete it"

It seems that you can still type 'enter' to her to get into the guild though. 

It may be worthwhile to change her text so that she does not prompt you to do the task if you are already in the guild - and keep the "Say Enter to come into the Casters Guild" text.  It may be confusing to a player who comes back, hails the chick to get in, and can't figure out how to get in.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 10:21:23 pm »

Could we also get a notice if your going to do live updates to the db. Kinda sucks when your mid fight in t5, and the server lags out, kills you and poofs all your triggered mobs.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:41 pm »

Could we also get a notice if your going to do live updates to the db. Kinda sucks when your mid fight in t5, and the server lags out, kills you and poofs all your triggered mobs.

don't need a db edit to wipe you though?

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 07:38:39 am »

I do a lot of minor database updates without anyone noticing, but its when I do major copy and paste into the database, or a big search / query that it lags out for like 3 seconds.

Back in the days, I used to do #npcspawn create (which makes a clone of the NPC with a new NPC ID) vs the #npcspawn add (which makes a clone of that NPC at a different spawn location, but with same NPC ID). Anyways, I was cleaning this stuff up, mainly custom Nexus/Surefall Quest NPC's. Hope this didn't affect the Task Quest NPCs, so I'll double check that soon. Keep me posted on any bugs with Task or Quest NPCs and I'll try to fix them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 07:47:46 am »

Seems if you ask about "task" again that they will confirm you are a member, and ask you if you want to "enter" the zone or get a Casters Guild Tag.

I'll edit the NPC to be more clear with a simple hail if you are in the guild or not yet, rather than finding out after saying task, which one would logically assume that means your going to do it over again, but it doesn't.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 08:06:14 am »

This has been fixed and updated in Nexus.

Hailing the NPC will give you different based if you are finished with the task.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 08:38:40 am »

Hailing the NPC will give you different based if you are finished with the task.

Enjoy!

Grin

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 06:29:17 pm »

Enjoy!

Oddly enough, this only kind of works.

On toons that went through the task system it works fine.  On a toon I had that is fighters guild from way-back-in-the-day, when he hails he gets asked if he wants to do a task.  I had to try to enter the guild hall by typing "enter" to know, for sure, if I was flagged for it.

Odd stuff for sure.

(Note - I was hailing them because I forgot which guilds I had already done on this user).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)