Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 01:16:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dragon Minor Essences  (Read 8695 times)
Lucadian

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2012, 03:38:12 pm »

I know there are other threads that have whining about this, but figured I'd revive it with a new thread... Not looking for flaming towards each other or a bunch of whining, just coming here to state that Dragons Minors drop rate need to be looked at...

I have geared around 12 toons through PoD (and I know others have done lots more) and in my time there I have only seen 2 minors, and I have seen around 10 Majors or more... It's so bad that you can't even hardly buy them anymore because they are so rare. I am stuck at FS II's still, because I have all the essences except Dragons Minor to upgrade.

So, when you get some time, I'd appreciate it if you would take a look at it please, Hunter. Anyone else feel free to post your findings, but please don't whine or flame each other. Just want it to get looked at and make sure it is at the appropriate rate.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 05:07:00 pm »

I remember leaving T1 / T2 with about 8 Majors and 2 minors when I did my last toons... so drop rate could be fubared.. or just bad bad RNG.

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:37 pm »

I know there are other threads that have whining about this, but figured I'd revive it with a new thread... Not looking for flaming towards each other or a bunch of whining, just coming here to state that Dragons Minors drop rate need to be looked at...

I have geared around 12 toons through PoD (and I know others have done lots more) and in my time there I have only seen 2 minors, and I have seen around 10 Majors or more... It's so bad that you can't even hardly buy them anymore because they are so rare. I am stuck at FS II's still, because I have all the essences except Dragons Minor to upgrade.

So, when you get some time, I'd appreciate it if you would take a look at it please, Hunter. Anyone else feel free to post your findings, but please don't whine or flame each other. Just want it to get looked at and make sure it is at the appropriate rate.

Dont worry, Ive been sitting in T1 only for about 4-5 weeks, ive seen ZILCH for  Dragon Minors. And thats atleast 8-9 hours a day in T1.
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:25:02 pm »

Kill quicker..........................ahahahahahaha It takes time thats for sure but they will come give it time youll get em!!

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:50:10 am »

In all the time Ive killed in pod since essences went in I have seen a total of 4 maybe 5 minors drop and I purchased all the others.
Lets see I have total 30 augs. Only 11 required 1 DMin so thats 19x2+11-5= number I had to buy. Went with 5 since I cant recall exact drop rate. So yea 44 purchased over a year or so and only 5 drops.
Could be RNG, probably just it has a low drop rate.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 08:07:38 am »

Well, i guess ill be the odd ball on this. Ive geared my toons as well as guildies thru T1 and T2 and have seen a total of 11 minors and ZERO majors.

But i have been the odd one a lot so,  Roll Eyes
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 08:16:02 am »

As much as it sucks to have have to wait for the drops, it's just the RNG...

If you were able to buy 44 essences, that means that one or more people got a surplus of essences when they were farming.  Some people have a better rapport with the RNG.

I have never purchased a dragon minor, and I have 12 toons with all their augs done.  Maybe some of the issue that is causing people to be short on essences is that they are buying all their gear drops instead of farming.  If you buy gear, you don't get the boss kills in to defeat the RNG.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:18:12 am by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 08:56:39 am »

If you were able to buy 44 essences, that means that one or more people got a surplus of essences when they were farming.  Some people have a better rapport with the RNG.
Maybe some of the issue that is causing people to be short on essences is that they are buying all their gear drops instead of farming.  If you buy gear, you don't get the boss kills in to defeat the RNG.

My experience has been that RNG does not like to drop minors for me, dragon or god.  I seem to see about 30% more drops on majors of both variety.  I suspect that things are working as planned.  Cheesy

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 8678