Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:47:47 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Random Gear Generator  (Read 7429 times)
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2010, 07:28:05 am »

I was banging out mobs in Dulak while looking for more monk gear and of course, I always run into the same few pieces.  I see more variations of pieces for every other class other than my own.

I was just curious if the "formula" that randomizes drops is truly random, or if it takes your class into account (and then gives you everythign but).  I just find it odd that I always see the same 3 or 4 pieces over and over again.

Are all pieces available for every slot for every class?

Thanks...

Rob Smiley
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:33:04 am »

was the same for me.

I was multiboxing and getting many stuff but not for shaman/mage/warrior.

dulak hate us !
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:48:52 am »

Did yall try going ship to ship? I found that much easier to get the gear I needed. It seemed only bracers dropped on 1 ship, gloves on another, boots on another.

It would seem to better focus your efforts in gearing up.
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:52:12 am »

Did yall try going ship to ship?

I must have hit ever mob in the entire zone.  Just seems like i get the same few pieces when an actual Monk piece does drop.  Mostly head, bracers, and armbands.  I did actually find (once) a chest and slippers on a few already dead rotting mobs when there was no one around.

Rob Smiley
Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 09:48:11 am »

I can't remember exactly what mobs drop what (been a while since I've been to Dulak), but I noticed that the NPC model/location in the zone had alot to do with what pieces dropped (I can't attest to the class coinciding with a specific mob model though..atleast not that I remember). Next time I RoA my warrior I'll do a write up on this.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:53:49 am by Tacticulous » Logged
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 09:52:35 am »

I can't remember exactly what mobs drop what (been a while since I've been to Dulak), but I noticed that the NPC model/location in the zone had alot to do with what pieces dropped (I can't attest to the class coinsiding with a specific mob model though..atleast not that I remember). Next time I RoA my warrior I'll do a write up on this.

Sweet.. Thanks Tacticulous...

Rob Smiley
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 11:31:36 am »

Yes I recall that certain pieces seem to drop more often in certain areas.  As to the distribution by class, I think that's purely random though I have nothing with which to back it up.  Considering there are 15(?) classes in EQ, only about 6% of the mobs which even have gear on them will have it for your class.  Seemed like when I was gearing up my Mage I saw a disproportionate amount of Bard gear in Dulak.  But that's just the rng at work.

I remember one of my statistics professors who assisgned us a simple task for homework.  Flip a coin 20 times and record the results.  When we turned them in he said 'you can always tell the students who didn't do the actual flip and just wrote something down.  They always follow a near perfect distibution.'  His point was, in a small sample, it is statistically improbably that your distribution will be 'normal.'  So yes, I think the RNG is just truly random.  Frustrating...but random.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 03:58:17 pm »

I imagine the forumla is something like

(chance mob has to drop item) x (gear slot [ 1 slot/ 7 slots]) x (class [1 class / 15 possible)

So if a mob drops an item you have a 1 in 105 chance of getting what you want? Assuming all pieces have the EXACT same chance to drop

Issohi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 03:45:01 pm »

its probably due to the loot table itself, the list doesnt ever randomize itself. so if you put in all 112 pieces of armor (7 slots for each class, 16 classes, not 8 because of bracers) in order of bard items first, from helm,bp,arms,bracer,legs,gloves,boots then moving on to cleric, you will always see bard cleric druid more then wizard warrior ect.

the rolls for your drop in the table always start at say bard helm, and will always end with wizard boots using that order, so in order to get wizard boots you will have to fail drop chances on those 111 rolls for that last to drop.

could be different but ya
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 07:01:45 pm »

15 classes, 16 classes...
close enough

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats