Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 04:04:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Kick Starting the Economy  (Read 19318 times)
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 10:16:31 pm »

Not to self promote, but as listed earlier:
Lore and/or No Drop tags off of Charm v1.
No Drop tags off of Charm v2.
No Drop tags off of PoD/PoG augment components (but augs stay no drop).
Lore and/or No Drop tags off of T3/T4 spells (and enchanter/druid qvic+ spells).

I think these would be great if implemented

Agreed - that may actually help with money cycling in the economy.
Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 10:44:37 pm »

I don't want to start a debate about Aug prices because I completely understand they are supposed to be difficult to attain, but it seems that even a lot of high end players are mostly broke these days because of the rising need for crazy DPS and extreme cost of augs to attain that DPS. I don't know the numbers and perhaps my thoughts are wrong, but I would think there is a ton of plat leaving the server and not quite as much coming in.

I do not know how possible it is to code, but maybe making T1+ armor sellable to merchants for a small amount could be a way to help bring some platinum back into the system. Obviously, make all armor lore so farming huge amounts of it would be impossible and make the sell amount resonable per tier. Perhaps a T1 piece sells for 2k per, and T2 could be 3k and so on. If it is impossible to sell no-drop items to merchants, perhaps be able to hand them in for tokens that you can sell? Perhaps not the best idea, but it would be nice to put use to all those enchanter, ranger and bard items that so frequently rot.

The basic goal is to combine money farming and armor farming(without breaking the system and making it too easy) so that people arent stuck farming instances of velks for the servers plat income.
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 11:30:35 pm »

making instances cheaper would have same effect and is easier to implement. Also lower prices for aug components....those who have PP like to spend it as PP itself is of no use, but when they don't have it... there is no trickle down effect
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 12:59:24 am »

Crafters guild items are a huge money sink to keep the server from being overloaded with platinum. Augs are meant to be a pain to farm .. but they are definitely worth it. As of right now adding something that gives a lot of plat for doing would probably be a bad idea.

Farming old zones and making more money than higher level zones is the only thing that doesn't really make sense to me. But that would be a lot of balancing.. I'm sure someone has a good idea how to implement that sort of thing.

Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 10:51:29 am »

Suggesting lower priced instances gives me an idea of how new you are to the server, either that or you really think Hubter would lower them again? I remember when I'd buy a GI for 100K...

Augs are meant to be tough to attain because they add so much. If you had chars in T3 with full strike Augs then they'd destroy the content so fast. (it's still possible to do that with how things are now, I'm just suggesting that making it much easier would be a gamebreaker in my eyes.)

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Noel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:35 pm »

I'm not new. Have on the server for more than a year, on and off.  I know how tough the grind for augs is - most of my T2 3.0 toons have at least one lvl 4 aug.

Guys - you have to get consistent - kickstarting economy = more money changing hands. There are only 2 ways to make that happen - make PP more abundant through increased drop rate and higher gem prices OR lower money sink levels (money leaving economy through vendors). Either option would make augs easier to obtain since most people are limited not by essences, but cash.

So any improvement in economy WILL make augs easier to obtain, which is the reason why this thread was started IMHO.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 12:22:40 pm »

I have said it before in this post and I will say it again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the economy. The reason some might feel like there is not enough plat in circulation is because you don't have someone dumping millions of plat a day into the economy. (http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2451.0) The economy is fine the way it is. It is hard to get in game content, that is the way it should be.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)