Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:04:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Race Changer  (Read 17954 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 06:49:04 pm »

So what should it cost? It can't be free. Maybe 1 billionz platinum per race change?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 06:55:33 pm »

free!!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »

So what should it cost? It can't be free. Maybe 1 billionz platinum per race change?

oh crap... dreams in the drain... DE Pally epicness slipping away!!

Seriously..

I was initially thinking it would be interesting, if it will be an AA, that it would cost between 200-500 AAs. Potential opportunity to have other non-player races included here as well... also blow through some of those accumulated AAs that people have stored up.

If I were the vendor offering race resets with no restrictions, I would sell my scrolls or books in the 100k-250k price to make a permanent switch, but would want to make sure you could acquire and switch between the races you own (thinking the illusion cards/race mods from ldon). Illusions are random regarding features, so you should be able to click until you get one you dig.

Or the best option of all.. free Grin, no race restriction at character generation, vendor with reset triggers that initiate on next load in...

Not sure how the mechanics work, in EQ2, you would go see the Barber and pay a few gold (10 I think) and upon next log in, you could change up your appearance (not race).

If it works out that we can completely eliminate the race/class association during character creation, maybe everyone should get a one time free change.

ps..
please make it free.... please

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 02:36:24 am »

Free works for me, but should only be allowed if you have a 4.0 maybe atleast? so a level 70 with a 1.5 isn't bothering hunter to change a race. Atleast having a 4.0 would show your trying to work your toons up. Should also be one change per account so someones not changing every week or so.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:28 am »

100,000 plat for Race change (per change)

1,000,000 for sex change!

Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 04:53:29 am »

Free works for me, but should only be allowed if you have a 4.0 maybe atleast? so a level 70 with a 1.5 isn't bothering hunter to change a race. Atleast having a 4.0 would show your trying to work your toons up. Should also be one change per account so someones not changing every week or so.

Hopefully this is something like a vendor or quest npc, so that hunter doesnt get swamped with it.

but as far as price... 100k or there abouts seems resonable.
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 07:42:14 am »

COME ON!! FREE!!! It's asthetics..prismatic dye, face change all=free..
+1000000 to not bothering Hunter on the changes.

If there has to be a price associated with it, I would think 100-150k range is max. That would be after every toon gets a free change...like a one time pass.

The idea is to ELIMINATE class/race requirements, so newbies could develop a combination on load in that they have never had before..only dreamed of. A server distinguishing feature right from the get-go, like being able to get epics at lvl1.

How about 120,960pp = Minutes in 12 weeks = time it takes for a tadpole to change into a frog... (cost associated AFTER ONE FREEEEEE change).

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
1flytrapp
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 09:07:28 am »

FREE would e awesome
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 10:24:18 am »

+1 for free  or at least cheap.
+1 Def on first change being free to set server apart.

1m per change would make this stupid. 50k - 100k would be the max the average player would comfortably spend on this.

You COULD make an item with infinite charges for 1 million, this would be worth it.

I also Like the 1k AA idea/ farming ldon.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:39:08 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 10:26:08 am »

Going to make all my toons Female Ogres , bring some beauty to the server.

Free, not so much. cost in platinum, we already have plat sinks. 1,000 AA to purchase AA ability for permanent illusion, and you still have to farm ldon 6 to get the race you want. just my 2 cp
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:30:54 am by Kenshou » Logged
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 06:39:15 pm »

Because of course, we don't have enough plat sinks as it is .. lol
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 06:40:39 pm »

In all honesty, I think 50k and the illusion item from ldon 6 is reasonable. Would be nice if there were a sex change part of it to be free though.
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2012, 03:46:24 pm »

Ok everyone, weigh in on this.. One of the things I really like about this server was going through the CG/FG quest, returning to some old EQ zones.. memory lane.

My thinking here is to eliminate cost to change and make a quest series for active toons. I started to think about this because I am unsure if the game code could be changed for a first time character creation screen to make basically every combination available AND thinking about how existing characters likely need some in-game mechanic (illusions, AA, item, etc.) to work. This solution would cover both.

I like the idea of the quest climaxing with having to take out some boss, at first I was thinking low difficulty, thinking PoT toughness - which is still really tough for new players.. but I have some ideas that would warrant them being much tougher or T2/Avatar level. The quest lines would be different for each of the 16 races and require a series of components/combines originating from several different zones that eventually manifests with the amulet of.. whatever race you've quested. 

Dark Elf version might be something like the following:

Head to Neriak and find the High Cleric/Priest who gives the first flag in the quest along with the story line of how..

It is said that there was once a being named T'Fadallis, an ancient being that stole magic from the gods which enabled him to transform from one race to another.. allowing him to persist nearly timelessly.. (thinking Raistlin/Fistandantilus and the Bloodstone Amulet).. During the Cataclysm (lol, or was that EQ2), T'Fadallis' amulet was smashed into pieces and strewn throughout the lands. This magic may be used by you if you are able to obtain a piece of the amulet he possed and inact the ritual of change.. I only know of one who has physically seen one of the fragments of T'Fadallis' amulet. You will need to seek out Xhiblatle in Rathe Mountains. Once a member of a cult that worshipped T'Fadallis, he went mad after witnessing a ritual of change and fled to hide in the hills.

ETC>>> you get the point... Don't want to ruin the story, but I see the completion of each race quest line resulting in yet another piece coming together.. completed amulet  perhaps.. jewelry slot progressive item perhaps..

Or there could just be another vendor and you drop 50k and get an illusion.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »

I'm not gonna knock your idea, because honestly it sounds like a good one and all. But speaking for myself anyway, im not looking for anymore grinds or sinks. I think it should be a race/sex changer and be left at that. The jewel idea is a good idea, but I think your putting good ideas in the wrong places. But +1 for creativity and the idea. Just don't think it belongs with something that has no advantage in the game besides giving more joy to the 3rd person players.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)