Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 12:59:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts!  (Read 8335 times)
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 06:20:02 am »

I played GW2 and got max level / max gear within 2 weeks, and then got bored with it, even with World vs World pvp running around with my max Ranger. I don't want EZ Server to be too much streamlined where you can get max everything in 1-2 months cause then there is no more reason to play. I bet there is 100+ not logged in right now cause they are max gear and waiting for T7.

There may be a handful of people who are waiting for T7, but most are a long ways from getting there if you include all that T6 has to offer, especially UC v2.  The biggest limiting factor for population is not content, you have certainly given loads of that over the years, it really comes down to bandwidth.  During weekends, holidays, and peak hours the place is packed for the current internet connection.  I have always stated that Ez could rival P99 if the bandwidth was in place to support a larger population.

The take away from my comments are: players like the community/environment, they want to spend more time here, and especially love the events you do.  The challenge is how do we get more bandwidth for the server?

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 07:44:05 am »

I agree with Camric...  I think you'll find there are very few crews that are all max gear.  I know that nobody in <Magister> is...  Everyone needs some armour, UC2s, etc, on some toons...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:11 am »

I do want more bandwidth, even though it may not seem like it.

My biggest concerns are having physical access to the server 24/7 and the increased cost.

Currently paying $120/month internet + $20/month electric = $140/month and I have physical access (at least when I get back).

I just don't want to pay $500 a month, that'd kill me.

Hopefully more ISP's are providing more service with more competition creating more locations for better prices. If Verison FioS were in our location, I'd sign up in a heart beat.

I have been looking in the area for any new Fios. There are rumors of the current residential fios allowing more upload in the near future which I'm hoping for currently. The school system near by is trying to help with their expansion too but obviously there are talks of money.

My post was probably longer than needed, but I agree we need more bandwidth, and I am looking for reasonable options.  Last thing I want to do right now though is pack up the server and mail it out some where.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 09:32:54 am »

Thanks for sharing!! Cool tweaks so far and when T7 comes out will be neat to see others.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 01:42:37 pm »

Thanks for listening to us Hunter. It also nice to know what your reasoning / needs are concerning bandwidth.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 40
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)