Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:34:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lavastorm / Nektulos issues  (Read 10424 times)
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:06:12 pm »

Don't know, been trying to be able to zone into these places with no success. When I try to zone into Lavastorm, I just appear under the world in an endless sea of lava. Tried renaming zone files, and deleting zone files, but can't find the right fix.

Nektulos, for the most part, it just barred from zoning into completely.

Does this server use the new zone files or old? And, if someone has found a solution to be able to zone into these places, please post what you did to solve it. Cheesy

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:29:53 pm »

this would be a god send..

but for Uxt, i'll keep my mage there in the lava under world. just to coth you when you enter!

Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:22:43 am »

Same issue here.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 05:34:45 am »

The two files that Eqemu asked us to remove, I put back in and it worked fine.  NO more lava!

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:08:37 am »

details?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 02:50:45 pm »

I don't think I have tried zoning into Nektulos in a long time but I have had no problems with Lavastorm being teleported there by Non-Custom zone npc. That being said if you are zoning in from somewhere else disregard the rest of my post.

When I first got the Titanium client I had some issues zoning into certain zones where I would just be stuck or crash and have to get Hunter or a GM to move me.  A little later on after doing a reinstall and having the same issue I found another Titanium client that was slightly different in size.  Using this other client I stopped experiencing those problems.

What I suspect is that EQEmu has a version of the zones that may have be different from some versions of Titanium.  The different zone files would probably be corrected with normal patching on the live game.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:50 am »

Got into Lavastorm this morning. As Calvin put it, I removed some files, then put them back.. and voila. It's the new zone, with instance NPCs and crap (like LDoN wayfarer NPCs), but that's it.

Merchants don't sell anything, most mobs drop absolutely nothing (save fire elementals), and everything is killable. Was hoping to find some goodies on some merchants. =P

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 10:18:44 am »

i looked for the link of what files to remove and couldn't. mind posting which files they were?

Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 11:57:05 am »

This post is what I followed. Renaming didn't work at first, so I moved Lavastorm.eqg and nektulos.eqg into a backup folder (instead of deleting). Didn't work either, so I moved them back, and now I can zone into Lavastorm.

Nektulos either doesn't exist (which I doubt), or it's just barred from entry like some Plane of _____ zones. It's no big deal as you can easily bypass it to any zone it connects to, and the only reason I wanted to go there was to check merchants. Tongue

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 12:02:32 pm »

Thanks Uxt

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149