Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 11:30:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Which should we use for RoA 1-100?
Keep the same delevel quest
Change to require AA Points
Both

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: RoA Poll  (Read 17264 times)
Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 01:37:10 am »

Is a good idea to be able to use the AA from RoA 1, I support.

--
Rotic
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 06:24:11 am »

If you're planning on keeping the "One hour per rank RoA" guideline, then you should rethink your 100aa/rank up.  I get roughly 3-4% aaxp on my SK in bothunder, 10-15minutes per aa.  I am not that well geared atm, ll I can see is a loooooong time leveling the ring.

xp pots are beyond my progression point(I think), am I missing something? Friend went to PoFire and said he was getting barely 7%aaxp per kill, if this is the norm, and intended, then shouldn't the cost of the ring be approx 5-10aa for the first 50 levels, then 10-15 per rank for the last 50 levels?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 07:14:35 am »

Planning a custom zone with hire exp rates on leashed mobs. Will try to get it 100-250 AA per hour rate in the new zone.

I understand other zones right now have lower rates.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 08:47:50 am »

If you're planning on keeping the "One hour per rank RoA" guideline, then you should rethink your 100aa/rank up.  I get roughly 3-4% aaxp on my SK in bothunder, 10-15minutes per aa.  I am not that well geared atm, ll I can see is a loooooong time leveling the ring.

xp pots are beyond my progression point(I think), am I missing something? Friend went to PoFire and said he was getting barely 7%aaxp per kill, if this is the norm, and intended, then shouldn't the cost of the ring be approx 5-10aa for the first 50 levels, then 10-15 per rank for the last 50 levels?

... you're doing it wrong apparently/shrug

Hunter new zone sounds good can't wait to pass Xig

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 11:28:49 am »

... you're doing it wrong apparently/shrug

[/quote]

Explain then? if I knew I wouldn't have said I must be doing something wrong.
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 11:50:12 am »

Explain then? if I knew I wouldn't have said I must be doing something wrong.

What he is saying is most people dont kill 1 mob at atime in POF. they kill whole sections of the zone at a single AOE time. in other owrds 50 to over a 100 mobs at once. so your talking 7 to 10 aa or more at a time giving your exp% per kill. so you starting clearing the zone over and over a again.. it ads up fast. Not many people do POF one mob at atime.. not effective

But what this does with pulling big trains is cause lag to the server. So hunter is suggesting a new zone where you will kill mobs one at a time, do to the mob being leashed. leashed meaning that you can not pull the mob too far away from its spawn spot or it will warp back to it. in addition to this he will make the mobs tougher but higher in experiance. (no, i dont know how high, but more then 7%) thus making it worth while to kill mobs single for more AA exp vs the Train method that puts a drag/lag on the server..
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:56:20 am by Nexxel » Logged
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »

Can incinerating aura get turned back to what it was? Very good mage spell
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 01:14:11 pm »

Like the idea of using AA's for pre 100 RoA, and after reading more into the new zone/zones your talking about, that sounds cool also.
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 01:37:13 pm »

I agree that 50-100 hours is painful for obsolete item (We have bigger and better items now, higher tiers, etc).

So if 50-100 hours is painful for an obsolete item, why change to AA which takes longer than an hour to get 100? Even if you create a custom zone just for AA'ing, your still setting a goal of 1 hour per 100 AA, which is again 100 hours for the original Rank 100 RoA. Not trying to shit on your idea, I just think there needs to be a little more fine tuning in there.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 02:56:22 pm »

Can incinerating aura get turned back to what it was? Very good mage spell

+1

This spell actually means less mass trains in the equation as it helps kills mobs on the run.  In high lag - it reduces the potential for desyncs and the overall impact of lots of people mass pulling.

lookin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 04:08:48 pm »

I agree that 50-100 hours is painful for obsolete item (We have bigger and better items now, higher tiers, etc).

So if 50-100 hours is painful for an obsolete item, why change to AA which takes longer than an hour to get 100? Even if you create a custom zone just for AA'ing, your still setting a goal of 1 hour per 100 AA, which is again 100 hours for the original Rank 100 RoA. Not trying to shit on your idea, I just think there needs to be a little more fine tuning in there.

one bonus to aa method is you can do regular progression while getting the aa so that 50 to 100 is less tedious since its in conjunction with normal play if you want and there will probably be some tweaking of various zones experience rates as time goes on to get everything ironed out
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 08:41:15 pm »

The small things people are forgetting here is.. The  new RoA 1-100 will level up normally through your progression with the AA.. don't have to stop what you are doing to farm it till you get done with your progression.. It won't be the best but still not a bad deal no delevel and just grinding armor and epics will be able to turn this in every so often.. good deal..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 05:02:40 am »

+1 on AA for ROA
I think this is a better way to do it, and custom zones for the 101+ basically refreshes this whole idea into something new and exciting.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Garete

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 08:27:41 am »

I love the roa idea and the new zones idea with tethered mobs, higher exp, exp pots and charms.  LDON had me falling asleep and pulling my hair out.  This new idea will definitely get me playing long hours again.  I love this server.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)