Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:45:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UC woes. What to do?  (Read 5672 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2012, 12:32:02 pm »

OK, here's my scenario. I have both a pally and a warrior. I started working on my UC on my pally because I wanted to bonus healing which is huge. As I'm starting to realize (at Oracle lvl 37) the increased healing helps a lot. But my warrior keeps biting it from time to time especially when tanking bosses and adds.

My thought was the best thing to do would be to UC my warrior first but I've already travelled down the road to UC the pally and was wondering if it's worth switching gears or just finish the pally first.

I know I will eventually be UCing them both but I want to continue to enjoy T3/4 and without the headache of my warrior dying from time to time.

Current state of my pally:
Oracle: 37
Guardian: 13 (about 5 v2 in bags)
Sorc: 3 (about 3 v2 in bags
Brawler: 2 (about 2 v2 in bags)

Current state of my warrior:
Oracle: 2

What would you do in this scenario? finish the pally or start the warrior? I want to know from a standpoint of future content as well (e.g. T4/T5)

Hulkmad
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 12:39:13 pm »

Get some Guardians on the Warrior, and 4 more oracles on the pally.  Once you hit 41 your pally has the most healing he'll get till he gets UC+

Also make sure you get 3.5 epics on both, 4.0 if someone will help you with MCP.  the 2hs epic on warrior makes tanking better.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 01:20:17 pm »

Got a 3.5 2HS on the War and a 4.0 on the pally.

Hulkmad
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 01:39:46 pm »

3.0 Cleric (or abundant healing spell) + group instaheal = mana from heaven.

I run a T2/T3 pally w/ 4.0 as my tank with a rank 26 oracle. With the cleric in tow, my paladin doesn't take a dirtnap unless I get distracted by something shiny... or chesty.

Without the cleric, I'm occasionally the victim of burst damage.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 01:59:53 pm »

I run a T2/T3 pally w/ 4.0 as my tank with a rank 26 oracle. With the cleric in tow, my paladin doesn't take a dirtnap unless I get distracted by something shiny... or chesty.

Which is fine but if I run a pally as my tank, it basically means I dump the Warrior cause it's not like I'm going to keep him around for DPS. I run a 3.0 cleric in my group as well. I like the idea of a warrior tank but I'm afraid if I UC the pally first, my warrior will basically start out as the tank but never really end the fight as the tank if you catch my drift.

Hulkmad
Rotic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 02:08:31 pm »

Don't forget about HP5 AUGs, they helps.

--
Rotic
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 02:38:39 pm »

Just grind a uc out. Once the first is done everything gets easier, including more ucs
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 02:59:50 pm »

Just grind a uc out. Once the first is done everything gets easier, including more ucs

I've heard this from many people but I have no idea what makes further UC's easier after having one? I can already pull all of LDON4 in a single pull so what speeds that up the process? Not sure if I'm missing something obvious here or not.

Hulkmad
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 03:26:25 pm »

Hoh gets easier and faster.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 03:46:29 pm »

In a perfect world I would like to just have them as the content requires them, spending minimal time on them and mixing up what I work on. I just don't want to hit a brick wall in the content which requires me to ONLY grind the UC to move on.

Hulkmad
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 03:51:28 pm »

Your tank will pretty much require one. It's not fun, but you NEED at least one to safely progress. You could technically get a Guardian50 on a warrior then hope you get lucky each round. Seriously though, you should get at LEAST one UC. If nothing else, so that character might get the UCv2 later on.

Abyss is harsh. The Abyss trash mob is as strong as MCP. Now keep in mind that you will sometimes pull two or (rarely) three at a time. Can you handle MCP x3? That's really the question.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 06:34:19 pm »

Which is fine but if I run a pally as my tank, it basically means I dump the Warrior cause it's not like I'm going to keep him around for DPS. I run a 3.0 cleric in my group as well. I like the idea of a warrior tank but I'm afraid if I UC the pally first, my warrior will basically start out as the tank but never really end the fight as the tank if you catch my drift.

This is how i started. My paly was my main, had him Uc'd long before I had even really played my warrior much. didnt need the warrior and other toons were better for the Dps. Then I Hit the abyss, or more correctly, it HIT me. Hard. After getting frustrated I thought more healing. Made a cleric and got it a oracle 50. better but still the paly died. alot. Pulled my warrior outa retirement and things were better. could actually survive with some sort of consistancy in the Abyss. Then took the time to UC my warrior. Best time I invested in all my UC's I have done.

I will say from a certain stand point i LOVE my paly for going back and backflagging/helping other toons, MUCH better then my warrior. Alot more versitile. But if i were to do it all over again I'd proabably STILL UC my paly first, an maybe that is a waste but i enjoyed playing him the most. But my warrior Leads the group and He was IMHO a Necesary toon to UC.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 08:41:46 pm »

Just my opinion, but UC a warrior first. I was given advice to go that route, and it payed off BIG time.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 10:09:21 pm »

Finish your Paladin's UC first. You are closer, and he will be significantly higher dps than the warrior once UC'd. Then, put all of your money into maxing FS augs while you work up a UC for warrior. You're going to want a UC on the warrior for survivability, anyway--but the second UC will go a lot faster with your first on the paladin.

Main: Bubbin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65017
  • Total Topics: 5057