Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:53:14 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Can't zone into ToFS  (Read 4869 times)
bunga

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2013, 11:59:46 pm »

I downloaded the files off of hates sites, extracted them, and put them in eq folder, then when i try to zone into ToFS I still crash to desktop....anyone know whats going on or any suggestions?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:14:59 am »

Fromwhat I've been able to determine from others with this problem its an MQ2 issue. Was able to get it fixed for one player by having him download another version of MQ2 for Underfoot. Unsure if your issue is the same or no, but might try just loading another copy of MQ2 and see if it resolves it.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:29:03 am »

Are we using the standard MQ2 from http://mqemulator.net/   ?
They have MQ2 for each client, seems to work for me in ToFS no problem.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
kaos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »

I recently started playing the game again, started from a clean install on a fresh computer of UF from Hate's files.

Tried to zone into ToFS so I could farm some resist augs.

Crashed to desktop. Tried again, same.

Searched forums for answer.

Found a mention of using ToFS files from Titanium.

Replaced files in UF with files from Titanium (every file with "frozenshadow" in the name, I think 6 files.)

Logged in, zoned into ToFS, everything went swimmingly, now have looted 12 or so resist augs. Hating boxing in ToFS 1 because of "Ice Skating" around the zone =P

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:20:05 pm by kaos » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 05:43:04 pm »

When you got the UF copy from Hate, did you also download the UF_missing_files.rar file?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
kaos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 10:06:53 pm »

I did. I can't remember the exact message I got before I fixed it, but it said this might be corrupted or similar. I just figured it didn't extract quite right on my end.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:24:32 pm »

http://www.hateborne.com/ezserver/fixes/ToFS.rar

Download that... if you can't get into TOFS

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 06:02:35 pm »

Also if you download the file from Paldail's link and its still not working due to mq2 settings, download the eqemu.zip (MQ2 files) I put with it, also on hate's  site. I  guarantee those work together cuz i use them every day lol.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)