Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:42:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TOFS 3 owned. Suggestions?  (Read 6229 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:18:00 am »

Decided to take the plunge and start working on ToFS for a change of pace from T5. I Needed to work on V2 charms to finish UCing my main group so i proceeded to farm keys on floor 1 and 2. In the process I managed to make up to a level VIII Heroic Resist aug.

When I started on floor 3 I pulled about 3 at a time with no issues....until a I spawned an enraged shadow beast. I wiped rather quickly and only got him down to about 70%. My cleric bit the dust first I think because I was twisting Word of Viv and I couldn't pull agro quick enough after he spawned.

Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what to do to make this easier. Should I work on getting up resists? If so what should they be at to resist at a consistent rate. Or should I come back when I get through T5?

Current group make up:

WAR - UC, mostly T5, 4.0s with 4 anger Vs and 2 anger IVs, SoT2, 300kHP unbuffed
PAL - UC, some T5, 4.5 with FS6 x3, SoT2
MNK - Sorc26, some T5, 4.0s with NS6, NS4, IS3x4
BRD - Sorc21, mostly T4, 4.0s with NS4x2 IS2x4
CLR - Oracle41, mostly T4, 4.0 with IS2x3
NEC - Sorc1, 4.0.

Hulkmad
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 12:25:17 pm »

Suggestion! That beast needs to be toned down. Wouldn't mind the hp and dmg it puts out if it didn't heal itself over and over.

Keeze
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:35:06 pm »

Not to be "the dick" but I only see 2 of your toons even having a UC.  The ToFS was suppose to be set up for those individuals who have already had at least a group done with UC...and UCv2...it was suppose to be harder.  I dont think it needs to be toned down...or else it will be just yet another means for people to bum rush through content, think of the halloween weapons.  I feel ToFS should pose a challenge to individuals who have at least 1 group UCv2's and need to get other toons through UC.  That was the general consensus of the community at large when this zone was just an idea.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:50:28 pm »

Not to be "the dick" but I only see 2 of your toons even having a UC.  The ToFS was suppose to be set up for those individuals who have already had at least a group done with UC...and UCv2...it was suppose to be harder.  I dont think it needs to be toned down...or else it will be just yet another means for people to bum rush through content, think of the halloween weapons.  I feel ToFS should pose a challenge to individuals who have at least 1 group UCv2's and need to get other toons through UC.  That was the general consensus of the community at large when this zone was just an idea.

I must have missed that general consensus. I thought it was supposed to be an "alternative" to getting the UC so people weren't burned out on LDoN and HoH.

So your suggestion is to UC my entire group through HoH first before trying floor 3?

Hulkmad
Peign
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:01:02 pm »

Can also seek alternative means of resists.   SoT, SoA etc.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 04:30:11 pm »

I am not suggesting anything other than the content remain designed in such a fashion to not make things easier for players who have not put the work in.  If you have toons who can handle the content great!  if not dont dumb down the content so under geared toons can gear up quickly.

So your suggestion is to UC my entire group through HoH first before trying floor 3?

I personally think the whole zone should be locked out unless you have a toon with atleast one UCv2...but thats just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:32:10 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 04:57:18 pm »

Can also seek alternative means of resists.   SoT, SoA etc.

I don't mind grinding resists if that's what it takes to survive in the zone. Looking for a number or at least a guesstimate on about what resists it would take to be viable on floors 3 and 4 along with some gear suggestions.

I am not suggesting anything other than the content remain designed in such a fashion to not make things easier for players who have not put the work in.  If you have toons who can handle the content great!  if not dont dumb down the content so under geared toons can gear up quickly.

I personally think the whole zone should be locked out unless you have a toon with atleast one UCv2...but thats just my opinion.

Ok, and I respect but I really wasn't looking for an opinion on how you think the zone should work. I was wondering, with my current group makeup, what improvements should I make to my group to make me viable in this zone with this group: resist augs, SoA, UC the whole group, stuff along those lines. If you think it requires an entire group of UC characters to work on floor 3 or floor 4 then that's cool.

The content is fun, I want to know what I need to do to progress. That's all. Not taking your achievements away and trying to find a shortcut to uber lootz.

Hulkmad
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 05:12:27 pm »

ToFS is probably one of the hardest zones in the whole game right now.

A great alternative for UC v1/v2 when back flagging your alts.

If your still new, then try to stick to floor 1 and 2 until you get more HP, Resist, and an UC v1.

This zone is not 'required' for progression but the Heroic Resist and faster charm drops do make things easier for other zones later.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 08:25:08 pm »

I am not sure how that group died so fast on floor 3.  I was able to solo my way to floor 4 with a t3 geared warrior.  I do have UW and SoA though for resists.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 06:48:28 am »

I am not sure how that group died so fast on floor 3.  I was able to solo my way to floor 4 with a t3 geared warrior.  I do have UW and SoA though for resists.

What's your resists currently at? Like I said, I don't mind grinding out the resist augs if I need to. Just looking for a general range to shoot for

Hulkmad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057