Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:39:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tserrina dead...  (Read 3764 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2013, 03:23:57 pm »

and unitemized.  Dropped regular old school loot, nothing else.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

I see the key in the screenshot.

Also has (rare) chance to spawn final boss else where on floor 7.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 05:49:24 pm »

I've been farming floor 7 nonstop, killing the trigger mobs for Tserrina for about 4 hours and another 2 hours of killing less steadily and have seen her once...so you're saying that there's only a small chance that even killing her spawns another boss that's the end boss?  I'm sorry, but the risk vs. reward for ToFS is severely skewed.  First you have to farm up keys for each toon you drag with you for each floor, working their resists as you go and during the whole process forego any money you could have made progressing in any other zone since no cash or coin drop.  And once you've put in a couple weeks of time getting to the final floor, your reward is another stupidly rare boss you have to spawn so you can have a slight chance to spawn the end boss, with your reward being a key that lets you port from the zone in to floor 7, but doesn't really do much good because you can't coh the rest of your toons and it probably takes 10-15 minutes to run through all the floors anyhow?
 So now you're back to killing more trash to spawn a rare that drops one key at a time and might get lucky to spawn the end boss.  Depending on the chance, you might have a hard luck RNG streak and key a group for floor 7 by the time you see the boss, only to be too frustrated to bother spending more hours clearing in hopes to trigger the trigger mob...but at least now you can cut 15 minutes out of the hours you're likely to put in trying because you got the key.
I'll probably continue plugging away at it here and there, but more out of spite for the time I've already invested than any sort of excitement from the monotony, just wanted to point out my take on it.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 03:25:17 am »

tl;dr

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent