Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:27:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BD armor  (Read 5540 times)
Kovou

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:40:24 pm »

Hunter since there seems to be a def lack in ess lately server wide is there any chance you can create an NPC to trade in the BD armor for the ingreadiance? or to hand out a bag of plat worth the combines? (guess not on that one) i dont mind if its just for the final combine just wondering since i have a few sets and have given away a few...i dont wanna delete it but it really is useless now
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »

Yup +1. Just takes up bank space now.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 01:21:48 pm »

I have an idea. What about if you took the BD armor and used it as a universal combine with armor starting at say T7 or T8. The combine would take the tiered armor and and BD armor with the resulting armor being a new type. Since I've been so vocal about adding heroic resists to armor, and the cost to make BD armor you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

The combine result could be something like 200+ heroic resists with the stats of the T8 armor (or whatever you start). Essentially the BD would add 200 resists is what I"m getting at. Sorry if im not making sense im still on pain killers.

Keeze
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:57:58 pm »

I have an idea. What about if you took the BD armor and used it as a universal combine with armor starting at say T7 or T8. The combine would take the tiered armor and and BD armor with the resulting armor being a new type. Since I've been so vocal about adding heroic resists to armor, and the cost to make BD armor you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

The combine result could be something like 200+ heroic resists with the stats of the T8 armor (or whatever you start). Essentially the BD would add 200 resists is what I"m getting at. Sorry if im not making sense im still on pain killers.

Then you would require everyone to need it or have two separate sets of armor combines.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:24 pm »

No it would be completely optional. The only thing the BD armor would do is add 100 HR.

Keeze
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 03:18:01 pm »

I don't understand the need to make BD armor any more useful than what it already is.  It's outdated armor that had a use once, but gear mudflation has rendered it virtually useless.  It was pretty obsolete last year when it dropped on Halloween events and even moreso this year, but that's the nature of a progressive server...yesterday's uber is today's placebo and that's okay.  If you don't have the bank space to keep it, make an alt to bank it on or just plain get rid of it but don't ask for something free just because you stockpiled it this Halloween when mobs dropping it never increased in level/difficulty from last year's event...I'm guessing people weren't killing mobs hoping to get blue diamond armor and instead already benefited from the other drops on the aforementioned mobs' loot tables.
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 04:04:09 pm »

Not really looking at it like that Dim but i do see your point...its more the fact that i have the sets i created *already gave away the one or two sets i got last halloween *missed this one mostlyminus for a few IG/CT kills* so was just making a Suggestion...you know in the suggestion section Tongue
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 04:10:42 pm »

Don't give up on it yet....

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 06:37:50 pm »

Never hate lol
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 10:47:24 am »

What if it plus some costly distiller makes a rank 6 HR aug, or a totally different so it stacks easily.
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 12:02:18 pm »

I don't see why BD armor is completely useless.....
If you make a new toon, like say Hunter nerf bats a class, lets say Shaman.  You want to lvl an enchy or a druid to fill it's place.  You make the level 1 toon, slap the BD armor on and you don't have to worry about armor until you get it to T4 level.  You can pick up the armor along the way do the combines but you would have the hp/mana of T4 gear without putting on/taking off armor over and over.
I love the stuff, I would really hate to try and level a toon without it now that I have used it. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)