Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:50:46 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lag....again  (Read 4198 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »

Ok, so since the recent changes even at not so packed times (less than 400 people, even) I am getting tons of lag and desync. Am I the only one?

Ping everywhere else is clean....31 ms average, 58 meg down, 40 meg up average (DAMN, I miss Google fiber!). No lag in other games. Nothing changed on my system, or in my EZ settings. Only place I am seeing any issue is in EZ.

I know there have been some changes lately....just trying to see whether or not anyone else is seeing any issue. I was ready to chalk it up to double loot weekend, but lower traffic when I post this than we typically see at weekend peak times, and I am getting a ton of lag.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 12:01:07 am »

Could be anti train code.

Would have to throttle it a bit, how often it checks and how often it makes a log of your train.

All guess work, then run it to see what happens.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 12:08:44 am »

Possibly. Admittedly its at its worst when I pull more than 5 at a time.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 12:15:37 am »

$client->GetAggroCount(); is the function we're using

I've throttled it to check less often, and log less often, after next reboot.

Also changed the warnings to yellow text, and only after 46 count, so its basically a warning of 5 more until boot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Tankdan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 01:11:45 am »

Ive experienced zero lag whatsoever. I don't know what you other people are doing to be lagging.. I have 8 logged in with zero issues whatsoever.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 01:33:17 am »

I have zero lag too, logging in from Philippines on crappy ISP.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 03:24:47 pm »

I am running 2 toons (normally run 12) and I am lagging like crazy today...tried rebooting pc and my dsl modem...no luck...guess with 500+ on server bound to be that way

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 03:36:53 pm »

I visited a few zones and confirmed a few zones are lagging bad, and the rest are just fine.

Just to be safe, decided to do a quick reboot, since I might go to bed here soon, and wouldn't want server to be down all night.

Should take 15-20 min to bring backup, cause of 250+ zones that need to load into memory first.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678