Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 06:36:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: VSync - any way to get this to work in UF client?  (Read 4967 times)
frammelpie

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:24 pm »

Hi all,

I'm wondering how I might be able to enable vsync in the Underfoot client.  I've tried adding vsync=1 and vsync=TRUE to the eqclient.ini file (this is how P99 does it so I figured it would be similar), but that doesn't work with this client.  I've also tried forcing global vsync through my AMD software and specifically for the game, but it's like a button that the elevator company didn't bother to wire because it's not important.  It does nothing when pressed even though it implies functionality.  I made sure my FPS cap matches my refresh rate in the game settings as well, and I've got such horrible screen tearing that you'd think I never touched any setting.

Is there something I'm missing or can it just not be done in Underfoot?
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:54:49 am »

I remember hearing about amd issues w/ underfoot (might have also been sod) a while ago.  Memory draws a blank (I've never owned an amd processor), google hard, its out there somewhere.
frammelpie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:19:49 am »

Yeah, that I've been doing (think I must have scoured the first 30 Google results).  I'm beginning to lose faith  Cry Not the end of the world.  If anyone else knows of this issue, I'd be glad to hear of it.
frammelpie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:42 am »

Apparently I didn't look hard enough (nor long enough, nor fast enough - insert "That's what she said" comments here ^^^^).  Looks like the drivers for AMD's Catalyst Control Center vsync force options have been bugged in Win7 (and assuming Win8) for quite a while now, and a 3rd party software like D3Doverrider is needed for this kind of functionality.
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 11:52:28 am »

Apparently I didn't look hard enough (nor long enough, nor fast enough - insert "That's what she said" comments here ^^^^).  Looks like the drivers for AMD's Catalyst Control Center vsync force options have been bugged in Win7 (and assuming Win8) for quite a while now, and a 3rd party software like D3Doverrider is needed for this kind of functionality.

So? did this erd party program fix your issue?
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »

Probably a stupid question but do you have all your updated drivers for AMD and it's Catalyst center?  What kind of AMD card you running?

I use an older Radeon 6970 card on an I7-2600k intel cpu with Win 7.   I have vsync turned off and run multiple clients on Underfoot with no screen tearing at all.  I've also used Titanium and SoD with no issues on this setup. 

If you are using an older AMD card like I am, i can post the driver version once I get home from work. 

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 245