Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 09:34:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Server Status  (Read 3240 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:44 am »

Was on the road when I received E-Mails regarding server status.

Server is not moved yet, it is still on the hardware that resides in Hunter's house.

His father has been there taking care of things and the UPS was going off as there was some power issues there. He without knowing better unplugged the UPS and the server and plugged it into the wall.

I've yet to get into the server and see if anything hardware wise has suffered as a result. I will let you know when I find out more.

On this same topic I had planned to move the server today, I have everything minus last nights backup so we should find out soon enough here what the situation is.

I'll let you know when I know.

EDIT: Looks like something from the server didn't necessarily come back, and Hunter's dad is not IT savvy one bit. I am coordinating with Basher to get some on site help, in the meantime I am prepping the destination server for migration. I have meetings here at work but I can juggle it all. Once again I will update as I know more.

EDIT2: We're waiting on on-site help to arrive, I do not have an ETA at this time but in the meantime I am working on the destination server fireup

EDIT3: Still waiting for on-site help (4:34 PM CST), destination server is prepped and ready to go

EDIT4: Getting really close folks, stay attentive, I am combing through the details and making sure everything is set in place. Hunter had a lot of intricacies and dependencies all over the place I am making sure I touched base on. Also his connection was unbearable to get things moved over in a timely manner, so I apologize for the downtime.

Thanks,
Akkadius

EDIT: Server is active and Akkadius is getting copies going as fast as Hunter's connection will allow.

-Hate
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:18:50 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:36:35 pm »

EDIT: Looks like something from the server didn't necessarily come back, and Hunter's dad is not IT savvy one bit. I am coordinating with Basher to get some on site help, in the meantime I am prepping the destination server for migration. I have meetings here at work but I can juggle it all. Once again I will update as I know more.

Meetings?! How dare you have a real job?! WE NEED TO UPGRADE OUR PIXELS TO STRONGER PIXELS DAMN IT!

*hide*

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058