Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:46:47 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Connection Issues  (Read 5866 times)
Expletus

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2014, 06:25:12 am »

I am just curious if anyone else is having connection issues while they zone their boxes over. I can load 12 to the character screen and enter them just fine. I am having a few issues.

1 - I will get 1 box that has a connection of 65ms and everything is delayed. Even reconnects that specific box will stay delayed. Follow, attack, everything. Sometimes it's the same character but it generally rotates between Zerker, Pally, Rogue, Shaman, Bard, Monk - Everything else doesn't really seem affected

2 - If 2-3 boxes die on a bad pull they will either crash while zoning to their bind OR if they live they will crash on rez / rezone. This is all the time, sure as death and taxes.

I am wondering if it's my connection not being able to supply the amount of bandwidth needed or is it a corrupt file somewhere in my EQ folders.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

Keeze
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:44:05 am »

I always have a few that seem to delay behind the others and those that seem to be delayed are always my monk, rogue and ranger and always them. 
I also have 2 or 3 that will crash to log in if my raid is wiped all at once, like a bad pull Smiley.  Would be nice to know if there is an issue with a fix.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 11:07:32 am »

Fuzzy you got Windows 7 x64 by chance?

Keeze
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 11:13:25 am »

If you continue to crash while zoning, go into your EQ folder and find the ini file for the character that is crashing and delete it. When you relog into EQ it will rebuild that character file. This helped me and several friends who have had this same problem on the Lanys T'vyl server

from Alakazam's site. I wonder if it works, will test tonight when I get home.

and

EQ Options > Display > Dropdown menu on the top right corner "Loading Screen" change it from "Loading Art" to NONE

Tadaa~!

from P99 site

and

I was browsing the P99 forums and found people having the same problem. And a possible solution: Deactivating "Texture Caching" in OptionsEditor.exe.

Well, I can only say that I havent got any zone crash since I made that change.
Good Luck!

from the mother site !

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21577
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:22:39 am by Expletus » Logged

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:26:57 pm »

Yes I to have had this issue...

First time i attack something I get lag for up to 15 seconds on all boxes..well I say lag...I mean it freezes...for 15 seconds or so then....once that is done...all is good.. so I have to make sure that first attack when logging in is on a single mob...if I forget and pull my normal train....I get to the second problem...

crashing when i die in mass....oh for the love of god...this is annoying....and if they just go back to char select they come back all forked up.....cant see any textures in game....totally unplayable....

I shall try to fix it and report back

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 06:23:16 am »

I did the texture compressing / cache off, pixel shaders all off and loading art off. Still crashing.

Keeze
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »

Crashing on zoning usually has to do with a memory allocation issue with the client when certain models are being loaded globally via GlobalLoad.txt. If you are using a client from a server that has modded their GlobalLoad.txt incorrectly, the EZ does not enforce a file like this so you may very well be running theirs. This can definitely induce your 'on zone crashes'.

The other issues with lags and server side synchronization issues can be numerous things, a lot of these types of issue I am working very hard to alleviate in the background without going into crazy detail. Lots of optimizations on their way and I'm excited about it.

If people try to give more data on their particular issues, I can do as much as I can to try and help and provide insight.

-Akka
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:45:27 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 06:12:01 am »

I know this had never happened to me until around August of the last year. Before that I could zone over and over with no issues. Still haven't been able to resolve the problem on my end.

Keeze
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061