Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:54:41 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Enrage  (Read 6656 times)
Peign
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:24:09 pm »

Ok so enrage is back on.   Is this by design?   Every single trash mob in T9 enrages.   Having to rez a toon or two after each pull is completely tedious.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:14:48 pm »

It should have always been there, use a moveback command with a longer stick range and it should suffice.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 08:03:05 pm »

It should have always been there, use a moveback command with a longer stick range and it should suffice.

I'm 99% sure hunter removed it.

Secrets did http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=581.msg8025#msg8025
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:05:25 pm by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 08:18:30 pm »

Here is the rampage removal link too
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3918.msg49867#msg49867
So looks like it's not there by design.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:31:40 pm »

Secrets' post was from 2010 and Hunter removed rampage because of the massive dmg values of mobs riposting in T8 and T9.  I'm pretty sure enrage worked in T8 and T9 (Hunter versions of the zone) because there were a shitload of people turning attack off on enrage in those zones so you didn't lose half your crew.  Hunter when asked directly about this said he was comfortable with removing rampage because at the time there was no way to scale the damage differently than the mobs actual damage output...ie if the mob was hitting for 1mil+ it would hit for that on every rampage fire, and rampage fired a shit ton in those zones.  He didn't see the point in removing enrage since it was easily circumvented by turning off attack or properly parking toons behind the frontal arc, iirc he basically said if you're too lazy not to die, you should be ambitious enough to learn how to rez.  Peign has a good point as far as some zones being laggy and making it a real hassle to babysit toons that might glitch to the frontal arc, but there are a few ways to counteract it.

tl;dr Is enrage more of an exercise in tedium than a mob mechanic?
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 01:26:14 pm »

I think this is funny Dimur.  Smiley

You just gave a tip to someone who JUST last week was bitching about people giving other players tips.   He wanted progression slowed down...He doesn't know how to avoid enrage, so this obviously falls into the category of slowing his progression down.  Mission solved.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Peign
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 01:37:40 pm »

I think this is funny Dimur.  Smiley

You just gave a tip to someone who JUST last week was bitching about people giving other players tips.   He wanted progression slowed down...He doesn't know how to avoid enrage, so this obviously falls into the category of slowing his progression down.  Mission solved.

Issue is lag related, not hotkey related.    Thanks for playing though.    Now back to Nexus to wait for your buffs!
Peign
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 01:41:22 pm »

Secrets' post was from 2010 and Hunter removed rampage because of the massive dmg values of mobs riposting in T8 and T9.  I'm pretty sure enrage worked in T8 and T9 (Hunter versions of the zone) because there were a shitload of people turning attack off on enrage in those zones so you didn't lose half your crew.  Hunter when asked directly about this said he was comfortable with removing rampage because at the time there was no way to scale the damage differently than the mobs actual damage output...ie if the mob was hitting for 1mil+ it would hit for that on every rampage fire, and rampage fired a shit ton in those zones.  He didn't see the point in removing enrage since it was easily circumvented by turning off attack or properly parking toons behind the frontal arc, iirc he basically said if you're too lazy not to die, you should be ambitious enough to learn how to rez.  Peign has a good point as far as some zones being laggy and making it a real hassle to babysit toons that might glitch to the frontal arc, but there are a few ways to counteract it.

Something has changed since the source update.   Either enrage turned on, or more server lag.   This could be on my end as well, but the random deaths correspond to the server update.   

Farmed over 600 T9 essences  ( I know I'm gimp and not a boss /shrug) and these issues have just started occurring within the last few days post server update.   

Again, could be on my end and or coincidental.   However, I wanted to point out that I'm seeing something different and verify it was by design (or nothing changed).       No biggie. 
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 03:04:51 pm »

Something has changed since the source update.   Either enrage turned on, or more server lag.   This could be on my end as well, but the random deaths correspond to the server update.   

Farmed over 600 T9 essences  ( I know I'm gimp and not a boss /shrug) and these issues have just started occurring within the last few days post server update.   

Again, could be on my end and or coincidental.   However, I wanted to point out that I'm seeing something different and verify it was by design (or nothing changed).       No biggie. 

I'm telling you dude your lag is your toon zoning when he dies. I actually think i know what your problem is i'll p.m. you
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 03:29:13 pm »

Getting lag today in T8....where I normally have none. Not during characters zoning or dying...and seems like server side. clean 35 ms and 100 meg download/60 up anywhere else. Seeing a lot more lag while looting, too....and again its noticeable because before last Saturday (first time I noticed it) I had 0.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Goth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 03:29:59 pm »

i have noticed that my squishy are getting squashed a lot more  Huh
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 03:33:11 pm »

this is funny because a few months ago i complained of the same problems, now i'm running smooth no lag not even on zone.
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 04:14:17 pm »

If there is a lag issue it seems it is going to be most likely zone specific or event specific. I'm the lag squasher so if there truly is some, give me some more detail plz.

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061