Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:42:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Remembering Hunter (2015)  (Read 9833 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2015, 05:11:18 pm »

Ladies/Gents/Trolls,

This weekend's Double Loot is both a gift and in memory of Hunter. We lost him Feb 15, 2014 but he is not forgotten. If you have anything that you can/could share about him, please do. I will update this thread later with some of my own memories/shenanigans with him. I wanted to do something special, such as an ingame event to explain the genesis of EZ (I still will over the next week, but real life kept me locked down this week). I hope you all enjoy the loot, enjoy the improvements Akkadius and I have made (mainly Akkadius though), and keep the crazy GM/Troll in your minds/hearts/prayers.

RIP Bud.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 05:16:39 pm »

/thumbs up 100%

Miss ya Hunter!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 05:53:21 pm »

RIP Hunter.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 06:47:14 pm »

He did enjoy to /ooc with my toons name for free stuff in ooc/ LInkEDuberDRop free please send tells..got good lolz out that:)

and then i would get flooded with tells...good times.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 06:48:24 pm »

Lost a great guy, hope you are in a better place Hunter.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 11:18:04 pm »

Trying to dig through my various hard drives to try to find some pictures of him doing the same thing. "WTS <big item> for <1/2 going rate>"...then 92 tells later, I get one from Hunter going "lol".

:-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 07:00:08 am »

what I miss, with regards to Hunter:

Hunter, from time to time, would ninja afk, but would check his screen from time to time late at night. So, on some nights I would give my customary /wave to him, to see if he was paying attention or not. And, if he was around he would respond back with a Hi or whatever. Every now and then though he would strike up a conversation with me, as I am sure he would with many of us. But, sometimes he would talk....and talk....and talk! These conversations were super cool with him, get some insight into who he was and what he was doing in RL, etc. Hunter being the super spy secretive person he was, this was rare for him. He would tell me about where he lived, things going on with his family, day to day, etc. It was a cool insight into who he was, and why he did things the way he did.

That is what I will miss about him.

Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 12:57:20 pm »

does anyone know how hunter died? heart attack?
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 01:21:10 pm »

One of the things I loved about Hunter was the child like glee he took in truly screwing with people.....whether it was jokes/pranks in game, in OOC, or his descriptions of his antics in other games (his attacking his own team in World of Tanks comes to mind).....or making game content that intentionally screwed with people, like the buff bot DT. Its one of the things that also made him such a good content creator.....that sadistic pleasure he got from really raking you over the coals.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 01:48:04 pm »

well since everyone has been absolutely silent on this I can only assume it was by his own hand.

I have had several coworkers and friends pass away in a variety of manners and have never seen this level of silence.

Be that as it may we are left to our own imagination on this.

Hunter was funny, smart and yes wonderfully sadistic as a game content creator and the this thing he created will never be the same without him.

It is amazing that we... the random people of the internet are still.... a year after his passing still toiling away at something he created as a hobby.

RIP Hunter

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 05:09:27 pm »

I remember when ToFS first came out and I had made it to the fourth floor, he was hiding and I kept trying to run to grab mobs and he kept pulling me back over and over and over and over...I was like WTF is going on here!  He was laughing his ass off and then showed himself and clowned me really good.  I thought it was a bad connection or something.  Grin

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 03:06:39 pm »

He was just a cool guy, biggest troll i have ever seen, but funny and listened to ideas and implemented a fair number of them.
Goth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 11:31:59 am »

Random buff bot kills where funny
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2015, 04:11:30 am »

Was just browsing the updates to see what all has gone down since I last played, when I came across this thread. I feel like I have to share my funniest Hunter moment  Grin It was announced in OOC that someone was repeatedly standing at Tunat spamming "repop instance". I guess the poor bot's instance timer ran out and he couldn't figure out he was in pub (Tavci used to be the tier between Qvic and Plane of Dragons for the new pplz)

After about 15 minutes, this fellow had acquired quite the following. Many players had gathered to watch the infamous "repop instance" over and over. And out of the shadows, A wild Hunter appears! He asks the fellow how he's doing and gets the "repop instance" response. Hunter decides to help the guy out, and GM repops the public zone. This adventurer is obviously overcome with joy, as he takes off across the zone with a horde of people running after him. He clears all the way to Tunat, we all help him kill it of course! Then Hunter banned him and we all went back to farming, the end  Tongue
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 02:15:06 pm »

well since everyone has been absolutely silent on this I can only assume it was by his own hand.

I have had several coworkers and friends pass away in a variety of manners and have never seen this level of silence.

Be that as it may we are left to our own imagination on this.

Hunter was funny, smart and yes wonderfully sadistic as a game content creator and the this thing he created will never be the same without him.

It is amazing that we... the random people of the internet are still.... a year after his passing still toiling away at something he created as a hobby.

RIP Hunter

Yep, I had a friend pass away this year and no one would say how it happened, and people who knew were getting PISSED when people would inquire...When it comes to suicides and things like drug overdoses people are very guarded.  Some think it would tarnish others memory of the person because it could have been something that they kept hidden from everyone(which can often be the case).  In any instance, we all miss da big guy!  Hunter was great.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:17:14 pm by barrettd04 » Logged

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Pages: [1]