Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:58:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: saylink  (Read 5624 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:41 pm »

The saylinks became disabled cause the table got full. I had to empty the table + reset the auto increment to fix the problem. I'm sure thats just a quick fix, and there is a better solution. Will be a while before we have that problem again, takes a while to fill up.

Thanks for your patience during the reboot. I think I caught the problem right away since I didn't get any emails about it yet or see anything in the forums.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:49:40 pm »

Your buff bot script alone is probably filling it, not sure why you need to randomly generate letters for the buff bot other than what seems obvious (spam). Even lowering the random generated characters would lower the amount of entries required because only so many combinations are possible; that is, assuming you are using a full on character generator.

And you can reset the auto increment on the table via command line or simply by going to properties via Heidi or Navicat to reset the auto increment.

If you have questions you can get a hold of me at Akkadius@live.com

Best regards, Akkadius.

EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:00:41 pm »

Honestly, they saylinks for the buff bot are not needed. I was just toying around with a random password generator that I wrote up. The random password gets put into a saylink only after its created, and the auto increment goes up. Yes, I reset the auto increment = 1 after empty out the saylink table. I did lot of this stuff over a year ago when I was still learning how to make stuff, work with quest, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 08:12:46 pm »

Sorry if I'm dim but... does this mean the buff bot is fixed?  We don't have to spam the poor lady any more?

Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 08:46:49 am »

Short answer: yes, it's fixed.

Long answer: yes, it's fixed, for now. Tongue

I'm no coder, but is this table a counter? Like did it peak over 10 million hails or something, sort of like a milestone? lol

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 11:31:48 am »

from the sounds of it, every time you hail the buff bot it generates a random code that is logged somewhere. the table the code is logged into eventually fills up and doesnt work correctly until emptied. so i guess it is kinda like a milestone =p

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 11:59:38 am »

from the sounds of it, every time you hail the buff bot it generates a random code that is logged somewhere. the table the code is logged into eventually fills up and doesnt work correctly until emptied. so i guess it is kinda like a milestone =p

Saylinks are are a hacked way of item links from live. It's a regenerated hex code that is simply sent to a table via the database to recall easier. When these random saylink code's are being generated by the buff bot it fills another row in the table each time. Usually the source code for EQemu is only able to scroll through so many rows or entries of a table that it is told to query from. For example: items that we have dumped from 13th floor reach up to ID increments of close to 120,000, and 120k is exactly what's defined in the source code to be max. I have made the mistake myself of adding ID's beyond this number, causing items not to load period. Saylinks would likely do the same thing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 12:04:39 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65017