Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:51:55 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: List of Pet Commands  (Read 5828 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2017, 07:00:48 am »

Just in case anyone needs to have this list I stole it off a mage website:

Pet Commands
There are a number of commands you can use to control your pet, especially useful for macros. Some of them require you to learn specific alternate abilities in order to use them. Most of these commands are now available as buttons on the pet window (you can set buttons to any of the commands available to you, although it doesn't support the [on|off] options this way).

/pet attack - tells your pet to attack your current target (if it is attackable).

/pet gattack - tells your pet what target to attack next. If it is currently fighting something it will wait until that enemy is dead before attacking the new target.

/pet regroup - reorders your pet's hate (attack) list. [Needs clarification.]

/pet back (or back off) - tells your pet to stop attacking, but if it is attacked again it will resume attacking unless it is on "hold" (see /pet hold).

/pet stop - tells your pet to stop attacking, but it will resume attacking unless it is on "hold" (see /pet hold). [Need to clarify the difference between this and /pet back]

/pet hold [on|off] - switches your pet between attacking and not attacking new enemies. If a pet is on hold it won't attack even to defend itself or you. When you tell a held pet to attack it will attack until its target and anything else that attacks at the same time is dead. [Requires Pet Discipline]

/pet ghold [on|off] - similar to /pet hold, but when on this will cause pet ONLY to attack what you tell it to and nothing else. [Requires Pet Discipline]

/pet spellhold - tells your pet not to cast any spells. [Requires Advanced Pet Discipline 2]

/pet follow - tells your pet to follow you.

/pet guard - tells your pet to stay where it currently is. An ecample of where you might use this is to have pet at a spot to where someone in group is pulling foes, so you can sit back out of the way and not have your pet take the time to travel to that spot, thus allowing it to engage a little sooner. Don't forget to tell your pet to follow if you move to a new spot.

/pet taunt [on|off] - switchs your pet between taunting and not taunting it's target. You might want to turn off taunting when you have someone that is tanking and doesn't want your pet to taunt the target off them.

/pet notaunt - tells your pet to not taunt. The same as '/pet taunt off.'

/pet focus [on|off] - switchs your pet between focusing on a single enemy or sharing its attacks among the enemies in range. Most of the time you will probably want your pet to focus on killing one enemy at a time, but there are times you might want them to keep multiple enemies engaged so they don't attack someone else. [Requires Advanced Pet Discipline 1]

/pet leave - causes your current pet leave you. This can be used to dismiss a familiar as well (leaving any buff from the familiar atill active). This was a useful command when "chaining" pets, i.e. summoning a new pet to replace one that is dying. To do this, start summoning a new pet, and just before the summon completes do "/pet leave."

/pet target - sets your target to your pet's current target. This is useful when your pet is fighting multiple enemies and you want to be sure to target the same one. Best used when the pet is focused because an unfocused pet might switch between multiple enemies.

/pet sit - causes your pet to "sit" to regenerate hit points and mana faster. Since pets seem to regenerate quickly anyway, this command is probably not all that useful any more. A sitting pet won't attack or do anything else, so make sure you make it stand when you need it.

/pet stand - makes pet stand up after you have had it 'sitting'

/pet health - tells your pet to list their percentage of hit points left and any spell effects on them (probably not that useful any more).

/pet leader - makes your pet say who their leader (not a very useful command).

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:06:39 am »

I made my stick command so that when a mob gates the pets wont chase after the mob and kill themselves (think Lord Venombite in T10)

/multiline ; /bca //attack off;/bca //target =Raygan
/pause 1
/bca //stick uw !front 18 hold
/pause 1
/multiline ; /bca //useitem 23 8;/bca //pet back;/bca //pet hold

Notes: the useitem 23 8 is for fastest travel clicky (so toons can keep together) this allows pets to come back loose aggro and wait for the mob (in this case Venombite) to come back w/o having to switch to the casters screens and click the {back} button on pet window.

zirks9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:56:22 pm »

Not sure if its my MQ2 screwing with the pet, but my pet constantly changes to ghold and sites post fight... i'll move to different camp or area and it won't. So i have to click follow and then when i send attack commands he may or may not attack.

Is discipline messed up ?

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 04:11:14 am »

I don't use ghold...just pet hold and let it follow the caster...since it is a box toon and with pet stonewall quest isn't vital to have pet in rear with dps toons and never have that problem.....maybe try pet follow?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057