Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 03:10:55 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cleric- Word of Redemption -- CH In general  (Read 8854 times)
Balthor2
« on: July 03, 2010, 06:09:18 pm »

Ok most people just spam word of viv on clerics. Here is what it looks like.

Level:69
Skill: Alteration
Mana Cost: 1357
Normal Cast time: 4.5 --- Enc haste cast time 2.3

Reads: Mends the severe wounds of everyone in your group, healing between 2747 and 3427 hit points as well as curing moderate diseases and poisons.

AERange:70
Slot1: Increase hitpoints 2727 to 3427
Slot2: Decrease Disease Counter by 21
Slot3: Decrease Poison Counter by 21
Slot4: Decrease Curse Counter by 14

Great spell, 1 or 2 casts curses most poison effects, max oracle and 3.0 clicked you gheal for a sizable amount (pre T3).

I wanted to find a bigger group heal so I loaded up Word of Redemption

Level:60
Skill:Alteration
Mana Cost:1100
Normal Cast time:12 -- Enc haste 6.0

Reads: Mends the wounds of everyone in your group, healing between 10000 and 10000 hit points.

AERange:70
Slot1: Increase Hitpoints by 10000

The issue with this spell and other big heals that I have seen so far is that even if my cast time is lowered by haste and I cast it in 6 seconds then start my second cast 2.25seconds later, it does not hit the group until I am part way through the second cast.

Either I am smoking crack or haste is not effecting this spell like it should.
Not many people use it but when you have the Hitpoints where Word of Viv with 25oracle does not do much to increase your HP you can break out Word of Redemption where a max oracle I hit for 168,000.

If anyone else has any input please post here. Wanted to bring this up and see if it can be looked at by others. I might just be smoking crack but I might not.
Biggest issue is if I use this heal and I am fighting one of the two T2 bosses that stun/knockback I should be able to get my heal off after the 6second hasted cast time and it doesnt happen. I notice that the cleric is almost half way through the second cast before it lands. A knockback during this time will interrupt the spell.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 07:48:47 pm »

Well the problem I see in addition to the knockback being more likely to interrupt a cast are the lack of negative effect counters.  Not curing some stuff might catch up to you eventually if there is a bad round or stackable debuffs and multiple mobs.

Enchanter spell haste has been broken for a while and its a shame cause it would really make the class more useful. It shows cast times as being lowered both on the right click info and the cast bar starting lower but the spell takes the same amount of time to cast in reality. The dimished cast time just seems to be added after the spell cast bar has finished. Or at least thats how it was the last time I logged on my Enchanter. I have actually rarely played him because it's not worth it to log him on to just buff, especially with 3.0 click disallowing stonewall.  The Ancient Vampiric Thunder is the only really useful spell so it might be worthwhile if you had a party full of necros.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:10:54 pm »

Back when the enchanter 3.0 was changed it was discovered that the spell did not lower cast time even though it appeared to as Balthor pointed out. I thought this had been fixed but apparently not.

Balthor2
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 01:37:37 am »

I'll clarify something
I- It lowers cast time
II- I have either a paladin in group or a friends cleric to cure poison.
III- this is a better spell in T3 if you got the hp to survive a few rounds.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)