Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:35:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IDEA! A little spice for the old zones  (Read 5677 times)
trendkiller

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2010, 02:33:15 pm »

Hey I was just going through Fearplane and I thought to myself, "self, there is cazic-thule...remember when you would set up raids to take him down for his awesome loots!"

And then I had him in my sights, proceeded with caution...then went in for the kill.

SUccess!

But i must say I was let down with the drops. lol

My statement is obvious and my suggestion is simple.

Would it be too much of a hassle to integrate more of the zones from the old world and previous expansions"hateplate, POM, SSRa, VEeshans peak,TOV, Karnors" and upgrade them a bit with the current tier loots? I thought off the top of my head, give the old bosses an increased chance or guaranteed to drop a charm and other fun useful items.

. This would encourage people to free up Ldon, and give everyone a chance to visit other zones for dual purpose. I miss going to all the zones in the world, but with the current progression scale in the custom zones...there is very little point traveling to the old zones. And it gets quite stale visiting the same zones over and over and over, hoping for things that " Might" drop. (see disclaimer below before thinking of any rebuttle posting material)

Maybe beef up the bosses a bit to coincide with the added EZ progression loots.

I think it would be cool to open up the EZ world a bit more to norrath and luclin, personally...this would free up some overcrowding and make the game even more enjoyable by offering more options to visit different lands and see other mobs and bosses with a solid chance at upgrading your raid/party/or yourself!

DISCLAIMER- I am not complaining at all for all of you looking for a reason to argue in my thread. I am super grateful the build or EZ has been as involved as it is currently and I have fun when I log in. I just had the spark of idea while playing today and wanted to share the beneficial idea with the rest of the players in hopes of polishing it up and hopefully getting it approved and implemented! =)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:35:05 pm by trendkiller » Logged

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 03:00:39 pm »

I like this a lot.  Would be cool if the bosses had special attacks that made them hard to kill.  Say at like 50% the boss casts a crazy hard hitting damage shield on itself.  The only way to keep your tank from getting beat down by it, is to have someone actually dispel it...  What's that you say?!  Actually use these spells which you never get to?  Strategy?!  This would make the fights very interactive and make it necessary to use teamwork.  It would also be cool to implement upgraded player crated items into the game.. but that's another idea for another day and time.  I think opening up the old zones for multiple purposes would breathe some much needed life into the game.

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
Mirielle
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 03:01:37 pm »

Double thumbs up!!!
Darkest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 04:57:21 pm »

Like this idea a lot, its a bit of work at setup, modding the mobs in an old zone to match up with required difficulty levels and mapping in loot tables, but once the initial setup is done then its not too hard to implement.  Did something similar to this on my retired server, having boss mobs scripted to drop an effect at set times through the fight (mass DD/Dot, mass dispel, AE silence, AE increase hate, proc FD on main tank etc...) just keeping players on their toes, encourages grouping over boxing etc when things need dispelled, or off tanks are actually required during a fight.

Nine
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 04:59:53 pm »

5*'s

trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 05:24:17 pm »

thank you thank you. I got excited on this idea, because there is still alot of untapped zones and old encounters that can be tapped to increase the activity in the ezworld. I thought right off that the dropping of charms off the bosses would free up ldon as well as breathe live back into the old zones. how badAZZ would that be?!

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 11:41:31 pm »

The developers have a finite number of dev cycles.  There are more pressing issues at the moment.  I agree that LDoN cannot support the number of people that are currently trying to upgrade charms.  There is a more elegant solution already being discussed.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:43:54 pm by yellowbird » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061