Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:40:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lost my AA hotkeys this morning  (Read 6827 times)
jhonas9

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:43:57 am »

Hi All,

New to sever and want to start by complimenting all you folks responsible for the amazing work you have done here.

All 5 of my hotkeyed AAs were replaced with "not usable" hotkeys when I logged in early this morning.  Also, I purchased some additional "activated" AAs.  The purchases were accepted, however, each newly purchased AA became greyed out (in my AA screen) and not hotkeyable.

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong forum.  I didn't see a bug category.

BTW, I noticed a new splash screen so I imagine some changes were just introduced.

-j
Mirielle
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:52:44 am »

It's a bug that happens every now and again.
Logging out and back in again clears the error.
jhonas9

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:58:33 am »

OK, this is much worse than I first thought.  My character is seriously bugged.

I tried relogging multiple time (completely exiting the client) and now, in addition to my AA issue, I can't be buffed at all, neither by myself nor the buff bot.  Also, every time I try to buff myself I fall through the world and end up somewhere random in the zone.

I'm not sure what to try next.
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 08:09:34 am »

Nothing to try, dont worry. It happens it will come back to normal.
jhonas9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 08:22:44 am »

Can you be a little more specific, Portis?  Do I need to wait for the next server reboot?
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:40:52 am »

Sorry, just from previous experience it happened to me. I went out and did some RL stuff came back and it was fixed. Used to happen on live also, a lot of guildies paniced about this. It happens, and yes probably will fix on reboot, generally it is a few hrs on the times with myself.
jhonas9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 01:20:05 pm »

I just tried making a new character, but it too had the same problems.  So it appears to be related to my client and not just one char.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 01:29:59 pm »

What client are you using? Titanium or SoD? Like others said I would try waiting but if things don't resolve themselves you may want to just do a re-install.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
jhonas9

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 02:13:07 pm »

SOD.  Everything worked fine until now.  I've been playing for about 3 or 4 days.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 02:19:58 pm »

SOD.  Everything worked fine until now.  I've been playing for about 3 or 4 days.

Which version of SoD? Did you buy it from Steam or did you Torrent it?

If you bought it from Steam did you back it up? Did you buy it recently or did you log into Steam recently and let it force upgrade the client? If so that's likely the issue and it's not gonna be fixable by you. Switch to Titanium or get SoD via Torrent and hang onto your current client until the new one becomes compatible with Emu. http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=591.0

Blood of the Akkadian
jhonas9

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 03:06:36 pm »

Hmmm.   My copy is a legitimate Steam download.  I think I know the problem. 

My machine rebooted last night after a Win 7 upgrade and now I just noticed my steam client is running with synchronization enabled (I had manually killed the client when I first downloaded).

Some of my EQ folders have todays date on them.  I'll try re-installing from my safety backup.
jhonas9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 03:42:06 pm »

Woot!  It's all good now.  Thanks for the help everyone.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 04:28:33 pm »

Move EQ out of your Steam folder (steamapps or something like that). It doesn't need to be there and you don't want it updating it if you launch Steam.

(Mine's in ...program files\eq_sod) it can be named anything, and be anywhere, as long as the shortcut you use to launch it is setup correctly (eqgame.exe /patchme - and DO NOT run everquest.exe)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)