Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:30:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Clap your hands and say yeah!  (Read 6594 times)
kaos

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:31:19 pm »

Checking forums on my phone and didn't see one of these, so I decided to make one.

Updates rule!

I know its a lot of hard work, so thanks team and keep'em comming!

Thanks again,

Kaos
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:20:46 pm »

Checking forums on my phone and didn't see one of these, so I decided to make one.

Updates rule!

I know its a lot of hard work, so thanks team and keep'em comming!

Thanks again,

Kaos

I consider myself slacking with the amount of updates i've poured out. The enchanter spell line, shaman + enchanter buffs, and the DPS modifier code itself was all of 30 minutes. The other updates i've done took ~60 seconds.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 03:36:43 pm »

could always take on the equipment and stats system and overhaul it. lower everything substantially, so its actually a challenge to max stats, 15k HP is "omg awesome" amounts of HP, normal spells (not custom) are actually worth using, etc...

Just a thought, and not trying to sound sarcastic. Would give meaning to alot more things on the server, but ultimately Hunter's choice on that. You'd have at least something to work on between mini updates =p

Also, since Akkadius went to Canadia for a few days, should come to vent a few times over the weekend, got a few random questions for you if you dont mind. At work atm though, later tonight if you're around. Thankies

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 08:42:32 pm »

I agree with Reed. Just made T1 and since Qvic I've noticed that my spells are practically useless now. Getting 3.0 pet made it even more obvious. I love the excitement of getting awesome lootz and think that a server wide "nerf" would be beneficial. However rather than it be just really high end getting awesome loot, it would be nice if a rare random drop system was put in. Rare like charm rare or worse. And the higher you go t1, t2, t3, t4 the higher the chance of drops. That way as low odds as it may be, even a lowbie can possibly get one piece uber loot. Taken further, I'm not sure if this is possible but if a lowbie (qvic and lower till 70) gets said uber piece(lets say gloves) their stats on the gloves would be tiered, kinda like how a level 10 having a noob charm wouldnt get it's benefit till level 70, but with flags instead. As you go, Qvic, Tacvi, T1, T2, T3, T4 it'll increase along each jump. Dunno if that's possible to scrip though.

That, complied with minor system wide nerf and it'll make a difference. Atm there isn't much of a difference between potime gear and tacvi gear with the exception of ac hp and mana(which because of my spells I never go OOM so its pretty useless). Now I haven;t gotten to the higher levels yet so I'm probably speaking out of inexperience, if that's case, forgive me lol. But this is just my experience so far, and  just IMO.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 08:56:55 pm by Soakked » Logged

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 09:31:30 pm »

Word. Updates rock my socks!

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 12:57:42 am »

balthor hears me reference other places very very often, but an example of another server's top end, end game, best of the best gear

Everburning Core

[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM] [NO DROP]
Slot: Range Secondary
AC: 40
STA: +10 WIS: +10 INT: +10 HP: +160 MANA: +235
SV FIRE: +30
WT: 10.0 Size: Large
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Race: ALL

Blackened Band of Glowing Embers

Slot: Wrist
AC: 30
Effect: Distracting Sparks (Combat, Instant)
STR: +15 STA: +15 AGI: +15 HP: +165 MANA: +100
SV FIRE: +15 SV MAGIC: +15
WT: 5.5 Size: Small
Class: WAR PAL SHD
Slot 1 type 2: empty

Sanguis Regina

Slot: Primary
Skill: 2H Slashing Atk Delay: 46
DMG: 77
Disease DMG: 1
Effect: Ignite Blood (Combat, Instant)
DEX: +25 STA: +30 CHA: +15 AGI: +30 HP: +275 MANA: +155
SV FIRE: +15 SV DISEASE: +25
WT: 5.5 Size: Large
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD

Obviously that stuff was pulled from their wiki as an example. Not to be stolen or anything (not that anyone would really consider this worth stealing, if you're really into the way EZ is composed). But having gear like this did a number of things:

-Made all tiers a challenge, regardless of "tier". Granted T1 would be easier with T6 gear, however it still required raids to be formed, 12 people or so to attend, etc... Cleric for heal, Enchanters/ Shaman for slow and haste, Warrior tank, Mage for Mod Rods (because uber mana is 10k), etc...

-Made a majority of spell useful. You aren't limited to custom spells to accomplish all tasks, and forgetting the other 80% of spells.\

-Didn't trivialize content, because your HP wasn't much higher between tiers (T1 = about 5-6k HP, T10 = 10k hp) so group content was still challenging, still required groups, still needed teamwork.

- Stats were harder to max, thus you have a feeling of accomplishment once getting near maxing anything. Also gave strategy to content, because all saves weren't maxed all the time.

-Most buffs held a purpose, especially Thorns and Regen. 80dmg thorns was great for groups. Lower HP on players, lower HP mobs, moderate DS = awesome fun. No having to worry about making new DS to scale with progression, but being abused for PLing.

These are just examples. I really dont expect much of it, because the server is successful as is. Why mess with something "not broken". Just showing what could solve alot of issues with zone crashing and stuff. Across the board nerf means people cant support massive trains, so no zone crashing there.

Just food for thought

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:20:50 am »

Well that server is there for a reason Tongue Go play it

in all seriousness, the amount of people playing really couldn't support a completely teamwork-reliant end-game.

Personally, I like being able to tackle content on my own. That's why I play. I quit both EQlive and EQ2 once I got to a point where I had to find groups to progress at all.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »

Well that server is there for a reason Tongue Go play it

Yeah fuck you too.

in all seriousness, the amount of people playing really couldn't support a completely teamwork-reliant end-game.

Personally, I like being able to tackle content on my own. That's why I play. I quit both EQlive and EQ2 once I got to a point where I had to find groups to progress at all.

Crazy, the point of an MMO (MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE, in case anyone just randomly blurted it out without knowing what it mean) is to work and play with other people. Granted not everyone has time to play hours a day, which is why boxing is allowed here. No big deal, but because gear is so far out there stat and dmg wise it crashes zones periodically because of trains, content is trivialized by the next tier gear, etc..

Excuse me sohami for suggesting something useful, im sorry i could possibly be butting in on your "play by myself in an MMO" time. personally, i box about 10 chars at a time, regularly. I do it because its needed, flat out. I dont like to, but i do like to progress. I gladly swap out boxes for real people though.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439