Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 01:17:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Boxing Groups  (Read 6217 times)
Crabthewall

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2010, 01:28:17 pm »

So many threads on boxing. This lays out some optimal formations for you for various numbers of boxes.

These assume very well geared/equipped toons.

Single Box - Beastlord (fun and flexible)

Dual Box - Warrior + Paladin (can duo t3 - however unlikely to be able to progress there alone to say the least)

Three Box - Warrior + Warrior + Cleric or Warrior + Paladin + Cleric

Four Box - Warrior + Warrior + Warrior + Cleric or Warrior + Warrior + Paladin + Cleric

Five Box - Warrior + Warrior + Warrior + Paladin + Cleric

Six Box - Warrior + Warrior + Warrior + Paladin + Cleric + Monk

2 Groups:

Group 1: Six Box - Warrior + Warrior + Warrior + Paladin + Cleric + Monk
Group 2: Six Box - Ranger + Ranger + Ranger + Ranger + Ranger + Cleric (can sub mnk for rng if you can handle that many melee)

For between 6-12 subtract a ranger out of group 2...

That about cover it?

Warriors get sorc charm priority, paly/clr oracle priority. RoA to warriors. Plate priority to warriors then paly then cleric - make sure cleric has enough hp to survive comfortably rampage/aoe's in the tier you are fighting in.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:30:54 pm by Crabthewall » Logged
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39:04 pm »

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:43:21 pm by Narcissus » Logged

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:53:12 pm »

Just curious why war over say a ranger or monk?  I have very limited tier experience. 

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:54:08 pm »

Just curious why war over say a ranger or monk?  I have very limited tier experience. 

Hitpoints and DPS balancing along with combat abilities unique to the class.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:09:50 pm »

Ive been wanting to not stack so many plate classes due to the increase in the length of farming but it sounds like im just delaying the innevitable.

Guess ill start farming up a third warrior

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:49:46 pm »

*sigh*

update other tanks so its not ludicrous to have them tanking.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 02:54:03 pm »

I still want to see the Pal/Pal/Pal/Pal/Pal/Pal group.

Not enough to roll it up myself tho.   Grin
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 02:58:13 pm »

*sigh*

Pallys got a significant update.  Even an SK with ultimate or high oracle would be a fantastic tank.  Warriors don't get the self/group heal do they?

Their DPS is shit compared to a warrior and as such it's just more economical to use one.

You can go about things the hard way but depending on what you want to accomplish on this server you should make a group that will get you the most bang for your buck.

It's never bad to have other toons on other accounts just waiting to see if the server gets switched up a bit.

Pallys are showing up all over the place.  Monks are going to replace rangers when 4.0s and T4 spells eventually trickle down.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 03:16:42 pm »

*sigh*

Other tanks were never intended to replace warriors, they have significant advantages in other area's. However if you want to box with maximum potential this is the way it is. It's like saying make other classes into a cleric so you don't have to play a cleric. Paladin's are great at what they do, but no they won't replace a warrior, or else why would you pick a warrior. Same goes with SK, it's very tough to kill a sk, but that doesn't make them great tanks.
Balthor2
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 05:28:16 pm »

Btw all those paladins and clerics out there, You could be looking at full t2 with max hp augs and hp around
Clr:82k-88k
Pal:92k-100k
So if you have less you are not farming enough or putting the hp augs on the classes that need them.
Reminds me of a time I told a Vendetta member to loot up HP aug pieces and the guy wanted to loot that shit on a ranger.
For me it was War->Clr->Pal->whatever. (paladin was like an alt for me at the time)
Cheezit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 11:50:31 pm »

Paladin's are great at what they do, but no they won't replace a warrior, or else why would you pick a warrior.

Exactly.

Warrior defensive discs make them kings. Paladins are awesome as groupmates, but tank wise we just eat rampage.

Cheez-It - Necro
Conando - Paladong
Fourhundred - Warrior
<Just Disc>
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023