Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:44:19 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: 3 New Guild Quest  (Read 15513 times)
jmac

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 03:22:35 pm »

These should be t2 guild quests so you still have to do fg/cg imo. Good idea though, I think ToV should be used for some reason! hah love that zone or veeshan's peak
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 05:14:02 pm »

Would love to know the general direction you were thinking of going with the Assasin and Gladiator Guilds.

As for the Tradeskill Guild - it sounds great, something that I might get access to on a few chars.

Now, the fact that you are going to make these items in the millions price range is a bit interesting and may atually be very offputting to the majority of its potential users.

RoA's are typically done rather quickly with the RoAer being completely naked with just a Shammy buff. Adding additinoal High HP gear would probably only speed up 1-47 by 2-5 minutes.

47-70 is usually done with the RoA'er being completely afk in PoFire while the level 70s do all the work making any high HP hear they have useless.

This would hardly make it worth spending millions of platinum to save a few hours worth of game time.

It would be sweet to see the tradeskill guild add some utility to characters regardless of their progression. Perhaps the ability to make some clicky items or potions with buffs that can be appreciated by all. For instance a HP buff that stacks with all other buffs that increases your max HPs by a percentage.  

I agree with the points you made here, I think that charms upgrades should be one of those high end items maybe the harder of the tradeskills.

Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 08:05:17 pm »

Oblivion is also on the PS3, where's the love for PS3?
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 08:53:18 pm »

Hi Hunter

A very exciting new concept.  As a person who really liked the crafting side of this game I was always disappointed when the tradeskills almost became redundant.  Here's a couple of ideas I though would be good:
-  Membership into the crafting guild could allow you to get patterns to make cool items (see below)
- The ability to make a backpack with 20 slots (and zero weight limit)
- A jewel crafting quest that would allow you to also place charms into an Amulet (could have an Ultimate Amulet even).  Perhaps not as intensive as the Ultimate Charm in terms of farming - almost like a bridging UC.
- A crafting alternative to the Ring of Ages (would make a complementary ring for the other slot - like a RoA2).  I could imagine that there could be quest items to get along the way to make this interesting (especially items that appear to be randomly lying on the floor in certainly zones - like all those damn rods that seem to have no purpose).
-  Craftable Augs (Kind of like patches people could put on clothing)

Strix

Concho Pete

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 01:36:58 am »

My apologies for the incoming wall of text.

The Assassin/Gladiator could be branches off of the FG guild; more specialized in DPS / tanking respectively.

Then down the road, set up the same type of specialized branches for the Caster's Guild; DPS / buff & healing : say something along the lines of Evoker / Alteration guilds.

The FG/CG remain prequisites and offer what they do now, except the warrior Anger Augs get moved to the subset guild,  where each class will have a class defined aug and/or charm they can build upon.  Each toon can still join the FG and CG, but can choose only one specialized guild.  For instance,  my SK is FG/CG but could only join one of the 4 subset guilds and my aug/charm would reflect that decision.  If I went Evoker, my DOTs and damage portion of my lifetaps would increase, if I went Alteration the heal portion of the taps would increase but not the damage, and self buffs would increase by a %.

To incorporate the tradeskill guild into these new class based guilds, they would have access to some sort of gem or material [possibly quested] that could be used in enhancing an already crafted, high end, item.  Id say limit this to 2-3 pieces, chest and leg for example.  So the tradeskill guild member can craft an high end BP/robe and then a member of the evoker guild comes along with some material/gem that they got from a quest which would make that robe enchance cast time/damage.  A cleric comes along with their material/gem from the alteration guild and once placed into that crafted BP, it has a more healing/buff oriented effect.

Also make it a pre-req to have the ROA at a certain level before be able to enter the tradeskill guild, say 75, not max, but to where some crafting time was put into it.

No idea if this is along the lines of what you were thinking Hunter and not sure if my idea is coming across clearly in text; but either way, it would be nice to see this build off of what is already in place [cg/fg/roa] and it all to have some sort of stand alone as well as inter-twined structure WITH each class being able to benefit greatly from the time/effort put in.  As it stands now, not all classes benefit the same from the FG/CG and I see this as a way to bring some underutilized classes up to par instead of just remaining buff/bot boxes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:53:30 am by Concho Pete » Logged
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 09:03:20 am »

These should be t2 guild quests so you still have to do fg/cg imo. Good idea though, I think ToV should be used for some reason! hah love that zone or veeshan's peak

I actually hope ToV doesnt get used. Hunter recently allowed instances to be created for it and there is finally a chance to do the zone, in the past it's almost always been down.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
stricken

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 09:23:58 am »

Great Idea New content is always appreciated  Smiley
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 01:15:09 pm »

Helping make RoA and content already in the game is cool, but it needs to have new stuff as well. Most players who can box will get RoA down to 15-20 minutes per rank (10 a day sometimes). For those of us who already have RoA 100, there's no need to even join the guilds unless there's added benefits.

First thing that immediately comes to mind when I see Tradeskill guild: Unlimited Grow/Shrink clickies and the possibility of a crappy one-shot pet summoning item.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 02:11:12 pm »

In this case, is the pet just so you can have your way with it? i.e. "one shot it?" Wink

i keed i keed
Soprano

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 10:40:35 pm »

For your consideration, the Tradeskill Guild could grant members the ability to make some of the custom items/gear, "repaired," "improved," and "pristine."

For example, an uncommon drop in say T2, and the T2 BP, combined in a Tradeskill Guild only forge/sewing kit would return it to you as "repaired (insert BP name)" with a modest boost to AC.  A rare drop from the same tier, combined in the guild forge/kit with a "repaired BP" would return it "improved" with a boost to stats, and finally an ultra-rare drop combined with the "improved BP" would give you a "pristine" version, with a boost to effects.  A failure on this could be possible at any stage with a return of the original BP if a combine fails.

The same could be done for epics with say "sharpened," "reinforced," and "balanced."  Sharpen could improve its damage,   reinforced could improve its AC/stats, and balanced could improve its delay/effects.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)