Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:30:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Enchanter Pet.  (Read 7445 times)
Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2010, 03:30:50 pm »

I was really excited to get the first version of this pet for my enchanter. (qvic) However, I became extremely disappointed upon trying it out.  It's like "hey here's a pet from a boss in this zone! Oh, but it dies in 2 hits trying to tank anything in here. Go back to LDON2 loser!"  Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful that something is finally being done to try and improve/balance this class but it needs a lot more tweaking :/

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:53:16 pm »

I have a copy of the T1 if you want it, its droppable and we dont have a Enc!
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 05:00:54 pm »

I was really excited to get the first version of this pet for my enchanter. (qvic) However, I became extremely disappointed upon trying it out.  It's like "hey here's a pet from a boss in this zone! Oh, but it dies in 2 hits trying to tank anything in here. Go back to LDON2 loser!"  Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful that something is finally being done to try and improve/balance this class but it needs a lot more tweaking :/

I'll look into the qvic pet. It probably needs an increase in HPs, and if that's the case i'm going to tweak the t1 pet too, as that is going to be completely worse.

T2/T3 is a big jump though, and those are going to stay as intended.
Balthor2
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 05:55:06 pm »

Agree its a great idea and I like it. The qvic and T1 pet need boosted hp so it can do its job and the cleric can have time to target and heal
Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 05:55:27 pm »

I have a copy of the T1 if you want it, its droppable and we dont have a Enc!
 Ooo I would be interested!  Smiley  

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 06:06:10 pm »

I think someone in our guild has a copy of the T2 but i can't remember if an alt snagged it or what happened to it Sad

If i happen across another one Temp i'll save it for ya

Blood of the Akkadian
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:24:44 pm »

The T1 pet doesn't seem to do very well.  I tried it a few times on T1 trash.  Tt dies pretty fast, even with a cleric healing.  Chanter pet was tanking, cleric was chain casting ancient: hallowed (1.9 sec cast, 2.25 sec refresh).  Pet died 3 times, all to storm dragon. 

PS:   I have a two T1 pets if wanted
Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 06:29:24 pm »

I think someone in our guild has a copy of the T2 but i can't remember if an alt snagged it or what happened to it Sad

If i happen across another one Temp i'll save it for ya

Thanks Danny Smiley  <3 my chanter

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
Balthor2
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 08:15:25 pm »

I understand the reasoning behind the pet not being able to be hailed or give buffs or equip the swords.
Enc can already haste their pet so its a null issue other then the swords.
Every other pet can duel wield those bad boys and thats 20k more hp.
The enc pet needs at least 20k more hp to compensate (T1/T2) and probably a little more.
A T1 pet is suppose to be able to offtank stuff in the tier, in my opinion that means the pet should be able to tank like a 50k hp tank.

I will parse the pet some more but right now its going about 63percent hit rate but I have yet to see the proc from it. Might have missed it in combat spam so will run some more parses and see whats up.
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 08:44:37 am »

I understand the reasoning behind the pet not being able to be hailed or give buffs or equip the swords.
Enc can already haste their pet so its a null issue other then the swords.
Every other pet can duel wield those bad boys and thats 20k more hp.
The enc pet needs at least 20k more hp to compensate (T1/T2) and probably a little more.
A T1 pet is suppose to be able to offtank stuff in the tier, in my opinion that means the pet should be able to tank like a 50k hp tank.

I will parse the pet some more but right now its going about 63percent hit rate but I have yet to see the proc from it. Might have missed it in combat spam so will run some more parses and see whats up.

I just updated the pets' HP today. I don't know if you overlooked it.

Try it out and see if it's any better.
Balthor2
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 04:09:17 pm »

I read the update and it sounds kick ass. Have yet to actually load the enc today to use the pet but I did get feedback from others that they really liked the changes.
A+
vord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 11:00:41 pm »

Sorry for the bump. I have the Qvic enchanter pet. I am trying to get some info on it. It is great for taking aggro off of me but it doesn't do any damage. Is it suppose to be that way?

Poor Goner is hitting for 1 with crits of 4 in LDON.

Thanks.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 11:03:16 pm »

Sorry for the bump. I have the Qvic enchanter pet. I am trying to get some info on it. It is great for taking aggro off of me but it doesn't do any damage. Is it suppose to be that way?

Poor Goner is hitting for 1 with crits of 4 in LDON.

Thanks.

Yes, its a tanking pet so you'll need to nuke or hire some DPS. Consider it an alternate way of mezzing or stunning a mob lol.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
vord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 11:04:35 pm »

Ok cool thanks lol
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 06:47:10 am »

Glad this got bumped, as I have a question about the T1/T2 pets. I got both yesterday and have the Animation Empathy AA but no commands are available on either pet. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)