Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:22:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ez/Hunter--Possible to open New zone?  (Read 8621 times)
Cracken

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2010, 07:54:02 pm »

Let me start off with hello and good evening. I really don't know what it would take or how it could be done so i'm here asking. There was one zone i always enjoyed on live that was a lot like plane of fire. This zone was in the OOW expansion tho and was called Walls of Slaughter. I don't know i just really enjoy the zone. It was an outdoor zone wide open spaces for 100's of people to be in the zone at one time. Mobs as far as the eye could see and giant names walking around the would pwn the noobies running across the zone trying to doge. Ahhh Bonecrusher how i miss you.
      But to the point i was thinking you could even add this great zone and access for it would be to do crafter guild quest. Then something like the names roaming around could randomly like 10% chance to drop crafting items or something for higher end augments maybe even pass V's? Or dare i say even a special crafter charm set.
     But like i said again i don't know what code it would take to do this or how hard it would be and i know you have a lot on your plate already. Just a zone i enjoy on live and was wondering about its access. Thank you for your time.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=267

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:08:28 pm by Cracken » Logged
Demin
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:44:32 pm »

When I read the "wide open" and "mobs as far as the eye could see," my first thought was ROA zone to augment Fire. But I have no idea the mob levels.
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:11:26 pm »

I really enjoyed WoS myself but i wouldn't want anything speical out of it just a normal leveling zone with same gear sets as bot

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 05:22:31 am »

WoS is lvl 65 to 70, mobs hit for up to 1K (some named hitting for a bit more). Has a handful of popping heavy named that can hit for a LOT more, and a few raid mobs. Mostly straight melee, but 3 of the named do a nasty dispel.

Very fun zone.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:56:24 am »

If some Oow zones are opened we could also use the angush sigs so some sort of flaging or a second way for flaging say for fg/cg or use the sigs for another greater lightstone just something to take some stress of other camped zones... Sorry for any typing errors at work on my iPhone

Aname
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:40:11 am »

I loved WoS.  It was a great zone to play in.  I remember going back once I was raid geared (level 75 Cleric), along with a ranger and taking on one of the boss mobs.  I had attempted to solo it and got it to 86% before gating - not enough dps.  So, the ranger and I go out all cocky and attack this mob.  At 85% a bunch of adds spawned.  Needless to say, the ranger used his innate gate skill and I used the gate that EQ gave me.  It was fun.  It was a rush.  It was deadly - to the ranger.  haha.

Anyway, I'd love to see this zone reintroduced.  So many good times had there with various groups and soloing.  Hopefully it can happen.   Smiley
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »

I don't know about the CG/FG but I would love to see this zone introduced. I too thought roa zone, but then I thought maybe introduce one of the lower lvl oow zones for roa and make this one a qvic flag alternative?
What do you think about that?
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 02:13:36 pm »

Walls of Slaughter was a weak zone. The exp mobs were a joke, they hit for less than Plane of Fire mobs. The only people I saw exping in that zone were people that were tremendously undergeared for the level they were.

I can remember going in that zone the first night the expansion went live. After we got setup, and killed our first mob we all commented, "is that it"? (lack of exp) killed a couple more while we contemplated where we would go, then left, and found an open camp in Fire for a few levels, then hit MPG, and then went into RSS.

Outside of killing Hulcror (dropped near Quarm quality loot) and hitting the epic mobs, which only gave the loot chest if someone was actually at that stage in their epic. People in my guild avoided that zone, and we were not even considered the power guild on the server.

Sorry but Walls of Slaughter is in no way an alternative to Qvic in any stretch. Walls of Slaughter would be close to Plane of Fire in content.
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 03:01:14 pm »

Sigh indeed it wasn't as good as the other zones that followed but i enjoyed it for the way the zone was huge and open. Xp was nice as long as you'd be pulling fast. Lot of the other zones like riftseekers i would have to wait a few mins for mobs to respawn unlike walls of slaughter there was always something up. =P
        Not to mention the contested raid mobs that would spawn randomly on longer spawn times that were in a class alone from the trash and regular names in slaughter. Hardest regular name mob was shadowhunter if i remeber right hehe. Had an aoe knock back and FD/snare spell. Still good times i like what i'm hearing. Hopefully more will follow.
        But also is it possible to have this zone at all? Don't want to get everyone all worked up for something that could never happen.  Grin

Enjoy
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=267

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:07:44 pm by Cracken » Logged
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 06:15:34 pm »

Is all of OoW even available in the PEQ database? If not then it would have to be a custom install by Hunter I believe. But I do agree having WoS or all of OoW for that matter would be fun. It'd be fun just to try OMM in his original state, then beef him up.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 06:22:21 pm »

All of OoW is in the database.

There was a moment where you had the ability to enter all the zones including WoS. It is fully populated.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 01:42:50 am »

Depended when you exp'd in WoS. About halfway through OOW expansion the zone had its ZEM changed. Exp went up....considerably. Unsure if that would carry through on EZ, but I'm sure it wouldnt be too difficult to fix.

And sorry, but mobs in WoS hit considerably harder than PoFire (kyv and ukun especially).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 07:20:42 am »

O yeah it was shadowhunter good times indeed. Cast on you: You are flung into the air by the tentacle's strike.
Cast on other: Soandso is flung into the air by the tentacle's strike

Tentacle love for all.  Kiss

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 07:42:26 am »

O yeah it was shadowhunter good times indeed. Cast on you: You are flung into the air by the tentacle's strike.
Cast on other: Soandso is flung into the air by the tentacle's strike

Tentacle love for all.  Kiss

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers

heh, I remember doing those on Live about a year ago with my 70'sh Shaman and Necro.  Good times!  And yes, Shadowhunter is a BEAST.

WoS is the new Overthere.

Aname
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 06:24:24 am »

Hulcor had no nads!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis