Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 02:48:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My Shadow kill  (Read 5981 times)
Yasuka

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2010, 09:29:23 pm »

So a guildie and I decide to kill Shadow tonight.  It's his warrior and cleric, with my warrior, cleric, pally, and ranger.  I'm MTing, and everything is gravy. It's taking us a bit of time, so all we're really worried about is the respawn at the bottom of the stairs.  So we're going at it, all smooth and such, until 13%, when Shadow turns from me and kills everyone else.
Once he's done butchering the other 5, he just stands there looking at me.  Not attacking, not pathing back to his spawn, just carcass camping everyone but me.  He's a bit up the stairs at this point, and I'm rooted, so I rez up the others, which Shadow kills as soon as they pop.  I try this a couple more times, with the results being the same, he whacks them, ignores me.
So I rez my ranger, who is out of agro range, put her midway on the steps, and start shooting.  Predictably, Shadow liquefies her ass and again, just stand there.  So from 13% to dead, I solo'd him with my 21 sorc charm.  It must've taken about an hour and a half. But eventually, he finally died, and I got my 3.5 done.
Anything like this ever happen to anyone else?

Yasuka - Warrior
Wraithverge - Cleric (yes, this is my main, a *main* cleric!)
Soyon - Paladin
Biribiri - Ranger
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:32:12 pm »

I never move him from his spawn spot..

but grats never the less!!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Aname
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:05:14 am »

gratz on your kill!   Cool
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 03:05:56 pm »

Killing on the stairs is a huge risk. I have had a number of corpses fall through the world if killed on stairs or a hill.

Yasuka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 03:57:24 pm »

Oh I know, I was worried about that too...and I couldn't remember if he ran or not.  Luckily he didn't.  Moving him on the stairs was sorta necessary though, the mobs at the top and bottom of the stairs had both spawned by this point.

Yasuka - Warrior
Soyon - Paladin
Biribiri - Ranger
Dawgrin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:16:37 pm »

So when you started attacking him again he just stood there and let you kill him? 
Yasuka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 07:42:57 pm »

Yeah, exactly.  Like a gimp practice dummy that we apparently bored to death.

Yasuka - Warrior
Soyon - Paladin
Biribiri - Ranger
Yasuka

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 11:59:17 pm »

It happened again tonight, similar group makeup.  Only this time he did it at 25%.  A guildie mentioned maybe he has some kind of threat cap that makes him just ignore the MT after a certain amount of hate...I don't know. My sorc is maxed now, but damn, this takes forever solo. =/

Yasuka - Warrior
Soyon - Paladin
Biribiri - Ranger
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 12:10:31 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.  If you somehow happened to generate more than 2 billion hate it could go negative and I haven't looked at the code, but that may no longer register you as a target.  If you manage to generate 2 billion more it'll roll over again and he'll turn around and whack you. Smiley
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 02:06:18 am »

It happened again tonight, similar group makeup.  Only this time he did it at 25%.  A guildie mentioned maybe he has some kind of threat cap that makes him just ignore the MT after a certain amount of hate...I don't know. My sorc is maxed now, but damn, this takes forever solo. =/

On the bright side, good time to run and make some food, shower...watch some tv Cheesy

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)