Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:21:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The day that will live on in infamy.  (Read 4446 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2010, 01:52:24 am »

I am sure everyone has a grandfather story of WW2 and such so I wanted to give a shout out to those men and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice 69 years ago today.  My wifes grandfather left Pearl Harbor on December 5, 1941 for his mission in the pacific.  He just missed that horrific day by 48 hours but many of his closest freinds in Hawaii were'nt so lucky.  He wont speak of it but I know he was severely damged emotionally over it.  Props to all of you in the service today and who have served, yall rawk.

Poop
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 01:02:49 pm »

My grandfather passed away just a couple months ago, served in WWII as a captain (if I remember correctly). He was deployed on the Omaha beachhead in the invasion force, and was wounded during the Battle of the Bulge (awarded purple heart). He continued to serve through the Korean War until his personality became so sour because of untreated PTSD that he was discharged.

He was a mean, old, bitter bastard from all the times I remember him, and my mom (his daughter) couldn't stand to be around him for more than a few days at a time. Even after his passing, cremation, and burial, I still don't like him.. but I'll respect him for what he's done and went through.

Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 05:18:26 pm »

My Grandfather was was like that also angry old bastard was hard to get along with him or even like him, he was in the navy around the same place JFK was in the Malaysia's his boat went down and was taken as a PoW by the Japanese for 2 years they hurt him so bad that he could barely walk till his death in 2001 but thank god for them or we would be hailing hitler these days and eating rice.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 73
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)