Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:33:07 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: /eqlog on?  (Read 9201 times)
Kwai

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2011, 02:09:30 pm »

I am trying to run a parse that looks for the log file... so I do /log on and get the message that the eqlog.txt is now on "ON", but I can't find the log file.

IIRC the naming convention for those files started with the name of the toon.  I see nothing starting with the name either.  Is there some setup required on a Titanium build to get log files to save or .. are they saved somewhere I am not looking?
Skorp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 02:12:46 pm »

In your everquest directory, open the "logs" sub folder and look at the file:

eqlog_Soandso_EZ (Linux) x4 Exp.txt
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 06:06:08 pm »

Thanks Skorp.  For some reason I do not have a /logs folder in my main EQ directory.  More weirdness... in my bot EQ folder (copied from the main) there is a /logs folder. 

I will try creating a folder in the main directory and see if it will pump data txt files in there.  I appreciate the help.
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:03:33 am »

Hi Kwai,

Are you running windows Vista or Widows 7?

If so you will need to locate your eq virtual store! It took me a long time to figure this one out. But in order to find my log files along with ui files I had to access this ninja secret mirror of my eq file.

I think basically it has something to do with win 7 and vista not allowing external programs to right directly to the root directory in your progam files x86 folder...
I'm sure one of the uber windows savoy dudes on here can specify why it is the way it is.

So how do you find said mystery folder? Well you can search for virtualstore in the start menu or you can navigate to this url or something close to you.

\\Deadendscomputer\Users\deadend\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest

obviously you have to put in your own computer name:P

Protip:
Once you find it just create a shortcut on your desktop. When you run your parser the log files will still be in this spot so if you put a short cut on the desktop you can quickly navigate there without having to navigate the long way around.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions PM me or shout at me in game.

Deadend
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 02:11:25 am »

You have a Program Files (x86) and a regular program files folder on w7. After reading how funny w7 is about the x86 stuff i stopped storing stuff in that directory and manually change it all to the regular.

Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 10:21:26 am »

Hey, thanks for your help guys.  I finally located the log folder and am parsing away.  WTB FS V  Sad
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 04:01:53 pm »

Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit programs if you're running 64-bit Windows 7 or Vista.

You will save yourself many headaches if you don't have EQ in any of the special directories that are virtualized on 7 & Vista.  Move them to something like C:\EQClients and you'll be much happier.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439