Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:58:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Enchanter Changes  (Read 13524 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 01:07:25 pm »

ooooh very cool, yeah I cast it this morning and got same response.  it did tell my chanter she wasnt flagged for anything though!

Poop
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 05:27:27 pm »

If math serves me, now Enchanters (pending reboot) will be able to summon ten copies of themselves, plus the epic pet (1 pet enchanting defender, 2 pets enchanting defender t1, 3 pets enchanting defender t2 and 4 pets enchanting defender t3/t4).

That sounds seriously kicking-rad. Assuming an average of 3k dps per pet (which I would consider on the low side of dps scale, especially since there's 70% top-two tier dps), that would net a total of 30k dps in swarm alone. Add Enchanter's Arm (old version), that means a 15% dps boost, and you're hitting 35k dps. Throw in an AE haste and you're set!

Of course, all these pets are not meant to tank, and especially the lower two tiers will probably die from a serious case of pants-shitting when they even share a zone with a t3/t4 level mob, let alone have to engage one. And then I'm not even mentioning that you have to survive the time it takes to cast all of them, and so do they.

Serious parsage will be done when this is implemented, but all those who just needed to go and get a new pair of pants, I just want to say this: If this makes enchanters OP, bend over and take the nerfstick like a man.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 08:38:04 pm »

If this makes enchanters OP, bend over and take the nerfstick like a man.

Enchanters OP?

GOOD.

They need some beefing up. Bring 'em up to match the rest of us. This is the first step in making every class equally viable. No need to nerf because eventually, I'd love to see every class (Necros especially) viable for T4-T5 grinding. Then my patterns won't be going to waste =)

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 09:16:49 am »

Assuming an average of 3k dps per pet (which I would consider on the low side of dps scale, especially since there's 70% top-two tier dps), that would net a total of 30k dps in swarm alone. Add Enchanter's Arm (old version), that means a 15% dps boost, and you're hitting 35k dps. Throw in an AE haste and you're set!

Sooo.... Looking back on this, I might have been a bit naive thinking that we were going to be put on par with other classes. DPS is more like 10k total for all doppelgangers together, they dont last, they can't be buffed or healed.

You can't keep t3/t4 up indefinitely, and even if you could you'd be looking at the whooping 6k dps max increase (parsed over 4 casts, 4-6k dps)

Oh well, they're fun and they're a good step in the right direction, I suppose. I just hope this isn't everything, as we're still only halfway decent now.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 10:10:06 am »

Hey be happy, you're on the same level as the once revered ranjas! Grin

Poop
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 05:22:46 pm »

Congratulations Enchanters!

After this patch you are on par with
LOADING PLEASE WAIT...

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 05:47:52 pm »

You know what the enchanter said to the ranger at the bar?

"Bind here often?"
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061